Hi, my brother suffers from Complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), and a doctor said that he needs a surgery. I am worried, because I have no idea is it dangerous, and are there any risks. Did anyone have this operation?

Hi, I suffered from CRPS, and I had sympathetically maintained pain along with independent pain. A doctor wanted to treat me with injections, but my body didn’t react too good on them. That’s why he sent me on a ETS surgery. The pain was reduced, and I didn’t have to use all those medications any more. I started physiotherapeutic care to improve the motor function of the limb. My daily activities were completely changed after the surgery. I could do again some things that I couldn’t imagine doing when I had CRPS. That also improved my psychical condition, because I was really depressed when I had CRPS.

Hi. Professor Scott Reuben in the US has developed protocols for surgery for those with crps and for preventing the development of crps. I have several articls on this topic to the left of my CRPS/RSD blog

crps-rsd-a-better-life.blogspot.com

Hope this helps you

Jeisea

wife has bad muscle spazems,She has implanted stimulator and is on opeds and muscle relaxors, but pain level is increasing to about 5to 7 level with no break pain is 24-7. Is there any new treatments! she was told she would die with this.