I have been having a really bad itchy sensation on the soles of my feet. and my palms started itching today. I have no rash or anything visibily wrong. my skin does turn beet red when it starts to itches. scratching or rubbing does not help at all. I have no known allergies. what could it be?

I have had thd same issurs with my feet. It started for me after having a bunion removed and being diagnosed with complex regional pain syndrome (CRPS), which basically means nerve damage. The nerves in my foot are damaged and constantly send pain messages to my brain. Although I have worked through the pain, the itching is unbearable. I have found using a lotion or ointment with menthol in it helps. Also, making sure my feet are cooled down after a hot shower (running cold water over them). I do this because nerve stimulation helps with my CRPS.

I too have had itchy soles and itchy palms for months.since sept 2012. I have tried athletes foot products and creams
I have noticed when i take my allergy medications its is not as bad. right now i soak my feet in ebsion salt and warm water at night. then apply hand lotion. had a clean physical examine -no signs of diabetes. please if anyone can help?

I 've had itchy feet and palms since 2012. The itching is so bad it's INSANE!!! I scratch until it bleeds. I try not to scratch but find it impossible. I can deal with pain but itchiness drives me crazy. I get raised bumps on my soles and sometimes on the tops of my feet. Usually this occurs after taking off my shoes and socks. However, it has started itching at work. I can not stand it. My Dr. doesn't know why this happens and looks at me like I'm making it up.  I requested to meet with an allergist. I've been unable to go as of yet. I do have a question for everyone. I smoke and wonder if anyone else that smokes has this issue? I'm starting to think it's an allergy to smoking. Please let me know.

Ok so I have extreme CRPS. What all of you are describing does not sound like CRPS. How I was diagnosed was one day (Feb. 28, 2009) I began having terrible discomfort in my left hip. Went I went to the doctor they took x-rays and said I had just irritated ome muscles and that it should be better in 1-2 days. After about a week I went back to the doctor because the pin was worse and the area was red, swollen, and warm to the touch. They sent me to the ER for a MRI and after the MRI they said I had a tumor. After that is was a blut of operations, test, and hospitalizations. They finally rediagnosed my pain to be CRPS. My foot was now turning Barney purple, swelling, and none of the meds were working. CRPS is not necessarily never damage but can be just extreme nerve irritation. I was in a wheelchair for 6 months, on crutches for 10 months and was in Physical Therapy for 12 months total. BTW PT is the only known treatment for CRPS. Please don't just guess on your own… go to a pain management doctor. They should be able to determine if you reay have CRPS.

My Dermatologist understood right away when I described my symptoms. Although she didn't really explain the source of the problem (excellent doctor, 'bedside manner ... hmmm). She prescribed Doxepin (the description of this drug says nothing about alleviating this problem, but it does!!!! I take a pill if the itching doesn't stop in a minute or so, but the medication blows it away. Hope this helps.