The doctors have me on neurontin for RSD or what is now called Complexe Regional Pain Syndrome. It is a nerve condition that is extremely painful. It is caused by a trauma (great or small) to an extremity to the body (arm, toe finger). I use natural ways to help control the pain like yoga and meditation since the medicine doesn't even help all the pain go away. I have tried acupuncture which only helped alittle for treating the RSD. I am looking for vitamin or herbal therapy alternative because there are so many bad side affects to the medication like blurred vision, mood changes, memory thought processes interrupted, dizziness. I can't even drive safely anymore and I am in the prime of my life and it has been taken away from me. Any help from someone who has had experience with this disorder and has used alternative treatments would be so appreciated.

I don't know if you will see this post or not since yours is from 2008.  But, I also have RSD and what made a MAJOR difference was my kinesiologist.   She utilized microcurrent therapy along with chiro treatment.  The next stage of treatment if I had not responded was to be hyperbaric treatment.

First of all get of Nero-ton and ask you doc to put you on Topamax it will take some time to adjust, but you will be glad you did. I'm on Topamax200mg, methodone5mg, and Roxicodone15mg . This amount is good for the warmer weather, during the winter months I need something for the break through pain. I have had rsd for 4 years, I have had 6 surgeries including a spinal simulator.

Hope this helps you out.

Regards, Sherry

So those are natural alternatives you tried after microcurrent? Good to know.
I'll let my sister know.
Thanks so much Sherry.