Hello! I am about to have a fusion back surgery and I was wondering if I will have to do some exercises after it as a part of rehabilitation?

Hi! Yes, a postoperative rehabilitation program may be advised from your surgeon. The program may include some back strengthening exercises and possibly a cardiovascular (aerobic) conditioning program. But the rehab program depends on an age, health and anticipated activity level of the patient as well as the type and extent of the surgery.

I need 2 rebuild my shoulders and lower back muscles after a car wreck I had a fusion on t3 thru t5 with 2 supporting rods can you give me some exersizes to do to help replace 50 pounds that I lost I am a Farrier by trade and need 2 get back 2 work

When was your surgery? Did your doc tell you could go back to strengthening exercises and have you already started exercising?

I am sure that if you would join any gym with professional trainers, they would help you find proper exercises to work on the muscles you need to enhance.

Besides focusing on the lower back muscles themselves, you need to work on the that supports the lower back. These include the stomach, hip flexors, and hamstrings.

One of my fave low back exercises is front lying chest lift: you lie face down, place your hands on hips or even better on your head, keep the hips and thighs on the floor, elevate your legs off the floor and start lifting your chest off the floor. I always feel my back muscles contracting, and I don’t know if it has anything to do with shoulder muscles but I always feel pain in shoulder too when performing this exercise.
At gyms, you can always find low back machines where you could practice resistance exercises as well machines for shoulders. However, you an always use weights to practice your shoulders.

Can you lift at all after fusion surgery?

It wouldn't make a difference. I've had three lumbar surgeries and I still have the chronic pain due from injuries sustained in the military while serving in Iraq. Suck it up and drive on 'cause it's not going to get any better.

A question sir, did you have front lower abdomen muscle weakness after your surgeries. After my l4 and l5 fusion surgery my stomach or lower abdomen muscles seem to have really weakened and Im doing alot of PT exercises that work on those groups.

Physical Therapy after Spinal Fusion: Weeks 9 to 12. In addition to stretching and strengthening exercises already reviewed in this article, regular aerobic conditioning should be added starting about 9 weeks after lumbar fusion surgery. Aerobic exercise is also important to help the fusion set up well (indianworkouts).

My aunt has also gone through the fusion back surgery but as she was covered under the Medicare insurance plan _[removed]_ she did not have to worry about the regular doctor's visit and cost of her treatment. She often does exercises now and is living a healthy and happy life now.

Here are Exercises After Fusion Back Surgery  Week 1: Start Rehabilitation and Exercise Day 1: Limit Exercise to Short Walks. Days 1-7: Start Stretching

Stretching the hamstrings and quads

Nerve stretches

Weeks 1-9: Include Static Stabilization Exercises