My friend suggested me to take Hydromprphone 4mg, he said that sometimes he felt much better then with Contine. He also said that perhaps I should try it with vein directly but I am deadly frightened of it. Now I am in a doubt, I do not know what to acquire, hydromorphone or Contine.

Stick to the routine man, that is what I always say no better deal then Codeine and Valium plus orange juice breakfast for champions! Or dinner, depending of the time. Anyway, I have used hydromorphone a year or so ago and you have to take juice with it. It usually lasts for around 6 hours, I did not combine it with anything else, although some used hydrocodone.

OK, so you want to know where to get hydromorhone, first off doctor only prescribed don't go looking for this stuff on the street, secondly, someone is telling you to slam it in your vein, yah right. No way! Oral is only the way to take, and it's does the same thing but you don't risk needle virusis. Let you be assured though Hydromorphone is very strong and very addictive. I take Hydromorphone with Hydrocodone and wow what a releif in pain. Strictly pain management to say the least. Vein shooting of a pill is no good! Yeah man thats' the good stuff! zby mouth only!

Couldn't help but respond again. What do you need these pain meds for..? An actual pain receptor problem or a want to get high problem..? Just curious. To tell you about hydrmorphone though, if you are prescribed this for any reason, you are definitly in a state of un-manageble pain at times. I do know it works fantastic, and feels just like an injection 49 minutes later using orally. Last time I was given I was in hospital with pancreatitis, with a picc line in place.

Just be careful with this stuff, highly addictive and very abused among your "average", people. USE WITH CAUTION!

Joshua is very right!!

This is serious stuff this hydromorhphone. Everything i read says its 5x as powerful as morphine. I take it orally for pain from a gunshot to the face about a year ago. When in the hospital after surgeries, of which i have many, i have the little push button injectavble form, as well as my usual oral dose.

Wether or not you are better off with the fast acting or the Contin depends on your symptoms and how often you are in pain. If you are just looking for a buzz, this isnt the best painkiller out there for that. Again, joshua was absolutely right when he said it is strictly a pain management drug. When you say Contin, are you reffering to Oxycontin, or Hydromorph Contin?? I have used both, and i can tell you that Hydromorph contin is far more effective and requires a smaller dose.

If you are looking for short term pain management, or just a buzz, which i certainly "do not" recommend, the fast acting 4 mg tabs u are taking would be fine. But if you are looking to relief constant pain, the controlled release Hydromorph contin's are the way to go. They are designed to last 12 hours, and they ACTually do last 12 hours!! Oxycontin isnt comparable. From what ive read Hydromorph is 5x as powerful as morphine mg for mg, while oxycodone is only 1.5x as powerful.

I would certainly recommend talking to doctor about this. You can safely take more than 4 mg at atime, but any negative side-effects you have will only increase as your dosage goes up. I certainly would not go any higher than 8 mg at a time, without direct orders from your doc!! Withdrawl symptoms are nasty if you take this stuff too long. Do not quit cold turkey. TAlk to your doctor, and they will explain. ANd jesus, certaily DO nOT crush up any pill and stick it in ur vein. If you have a pre-existing picc line, your doc could give you the injectable type, but i dont see why you would want that, too risky for a bunch of reasons, stick to the pills.

Hope i was of some help. if you have any questions fell free to ask. im non judgemental. --Justin

yes this pain killer is much more potent than morpine... 1 mg of hydromorphone is equivillant to 14.5 mg of morphine. My father takes these and his tolerance for pain medication is up the wall and poppin two of these puppies gets him his fix for several hours. I would say one of these pills is about as intense as a 40 mg oxycotin... that is just my personal experiantial opinion. This is some serious medication.