Hi everybody. I'm 26 and recently had an car accident in which I broke my right leg and arm. As I was experiencing extreme pain docs put me on pain killers. They first gave me morphine but when I was released from the hospital they gave me dilaudid pills. Right now I'm taking hydromprph contin pills – also presribed by my doc. I have just one question - what is the difference between these three and are there any important side effects that I could experience? Thanks.

Hydromorph contin is same as dilaudid – actually those are two brand names used for the same product. The main difference between hydromorph contin/dilaudid and morphine is that the morphine is up to 10 times more powerful. The difference is also in the amount of active substance contained in the pill but I assume that your doc prescribed you the right dosage so you need not to worry about that. Both morphine and hydromorph contin indeed can produce side effects, and the most common ones are nausea, vomiting, constipation, dizziness, sweating cardiac and respiratory depression. Should you experience any of those, you should consult your doc. Also, there is a potential for drug addiction and therefore it should be taken only as prescribed. Hope this helps.

actually hydromorphine is 10x more potant than morphine, ive used both drugs for over 3yrs now. and have researched this subject extensively, hope it helps, 4mg of diludid = 40mg of morphine

HYDROMORPHONE is any wer from 8:1 to as low as 4:1i all depends on the patient, i have been on bothe morphine and hydro i like the hydr better but i had to take more than my doc wanted so he but me back to morphine, the hydro worked faster but no legs, after 4hrs i was in need , the doc had not given me anything for BREAK THROW