Yesterday morning I woke up with my labia minora and fourchette or frenulum of labia minora whatever it's called hurting like it was swollen. My labia minora had no visible signs of being swollen but my fourchette did look visibly swollen and red and the inside opening of my vagina was red as well, this happened a few months ago and all I had to do was use rash cream and cornstarch for three days straight but this time around this morning there was very very light blood spotting and I shouldn't be getting my period for at least another week so I just wanted to know if that's bad sign. If it's not better by tomorrow or gets worse I'll definitely go in for a doctor visit, my mom mentioned every few months she gets blisters that bleed for a few days on her labia minora then magically goes away and it only happens every couple of months and I've got no clue what that's about so I hope whatever that is its not contagious either. Id just like someone input on what's going on with me cuz its happened before but had went away in like 3 days.

Health Guru

Hi Elle, are you getting any irritation from it or soreness?

I guess both, doesnt itch or anything though.

Health Guru
It could be a yeast infection causing it.

I had just remembered my mom had multiple vaginal screening Kits for infections and I just used one says it's either normal or a yeast infection so your probably right. I'll have to pick something up as soon as possible then, thank you

Health Guru
There are so many different symptoms for yeast infections from full blown cottage cheese type discharge to just redness and sore vagina entrance or clitoris.
If it's now better with in a week then I would advise a trip to see your doctor then while your there you could always mention about your Hymen too.