I have an insanely embarrassing question. I've looked at other posts on here but nothing really looks like what I have. I'm embarrassed to tell anyone, and I need some advice on what it might be and such.

So I'm 17 and I do have sex. But I have for about a year so I don't really think this has anything to do with it. My groin, especially around my labia minora has been itching pretty badly. It will swell if I itch it, but that's the only time. It is very sensitive to touch, and it hurts a little bit. The skin is very dry and peeling in some areas on my labia minora. I'm not sure what this is and I'm embarrassed to tell my parents, which would be the only way to get an doctors appointment.

It sounds like yeast infection. You better see agynecologist for a proper dioagnosis and appropriate treatment. Yeast overgrowth is not considered an STD but needs treatment anyway as it may lead to bacterial vaginosis and even worse symptoms.

Hey there buddy, Join the boat I've ended up two times with your symptoms and let me tell you, its the most painful feeling in the world. I ended up getting my yeast infection from taking Aleve. Every time I take Aleve I get a yeast infection. I know it sounds crazy but I've tested every single time. Seems like I am allergic to it. Either way avoid aleve unless you want another episode, or you can test that theory out when you get better. I got rid of my yeast infection super fast by applying a antifungal foot spray. It took away the itch and burning and also the yeast infection. Almost within hours. I got relief in minutes. I must caution you though. When you spray the product on your penis. Pray for the lord o'lmighty cause the pain will be as if hell had no fury. After the pain is gone and you didn't faint. You'll start seeing results immediately. Hope this is enough info to help

You could ask your doctor about Timodine topical cream which is a strong anti-fungal and corticosteroid as well as being antiseptic. It cured my itching within a few days. I had originally tried good old Canestan and then later hydrocortisone cream but neither of them had any effect at all. The itching continued and drove me mad. Timodine worked within about 4 days - to be applied 2 or 3 times a day. Not sure if it can be bought online without a prescription. It is safe to use in the genital and anal areas.

Yeast infections can be treated by "painting" the area with UNflavored yoghurt, and/or with gentian violet (wear a pad, unless you WANT your undies to have brilliant purple stains). Yeast infections occur because the bodily flora are out of whack (too many good beasties died/the bad ones took over, and yes, certain drugs have that effect), which is why the yoghurt helps. EATING it helps, too.

Definitely sounds like a yeast infection that same thing just happened to me a week ago. My obgyn told me to use Monastat, it's over the counter, which means you can by it in the pharmaceutical aisle with out a perscription. If it persists a few days after you finish your dosage, you NEED to see a doctor. At that point. you should be more afraid of your body than your mom. trust me

drink one whole glass or more of cranberry juice a day...if you don't see results in a week go to your doctor and get a prescription.

girl i have had the same problem im 18 and what i've come to find out is that you're not letting yourself breath properly down there, too much moisture us being trapped and it causes a rash then you itch then it get dry and iritated. ya vajayjay needs a lil air

I get it too sometimes. Have tried most creams and treatments but nothing works. Then the other day i read an article on yeast infections and the treatment suggested was to wash the affected area with a bicarbonate soda and water solution. Apparently bicarb balances the ph and kills any fungus or yeast as they need a high acidity to grow in. So i tried it and voila! It worked:) also try neem oil,it helps with the itching and any flaking that may occur.

I'm sure I have one as well. I've had symptoms for awhile. I've been trying to see a doctor but I recently turned 18 and have to find a new physician because I'm not with a pediatrician anymore. I'm having these same symptoms and I think it's because of a tampon. I expected a heavy flow because it usually happens like that the first few days, but it wasn't. The tampon started to irritate me because it was dry so I removed it because it was very uncomfortable and from then on I've been having symptoms. I initially thought it was an std but ruled that out because my partner is clean, and I started noticing symptoms the day after I removed the tampon. I figured if it was an std I'd have known before now. Trust me I know how you feel about he parent thing. I told my mom and she thinks it's a yeast infection as well, but I was afraid to tell her because I wasn't sure if it was a yeast infection. The best thing to do is be upfront. Tell your mom, she'll probably know how to help you handle it.

Hey, IM 16 and I've been struggling wit this for 3 years now..... I finally found out what's been going on .I found out it's Lichen Sclerosis. The symptoms for it are burning, peeling, and itching skin on Libia. Men can get this decease also, but it is most common in women and preteen girls. I've been reading all of these stories about the exact same thing and I really thank I guys on here for letting me now IM not alone on this. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Umm Yeast is not a fungus. Your woman parts are sensitive. I would not recommend this treatment. If you would be scared to spray something in your mouth it probably shouldn't be around your vaginal opening or urithra

Probably right. Thongs and non cotton underwear can cause that. I have had a similar problen recently coconut oil seems to help the itching (do not put it inside your vagina only outside on labia). But switch your underwear and keep it clean down there wven if it means washing 2 times a day down there.

A yeast infection is a fungal infection