its been happening for a couple hours now. i was sitting and then my vaginal area started itching....i was wearing a pad and scratching with it on...i got up took a shower and it started itching again when i was drying off then i was itching too fast...it was driving me THAT crazy...next thing you know it my labia minora is red and swollen! all within 15-20 minutes! im NOT sexually active what so ever. Why is happening...i looked at it and its HUGE..well since im small you can definitely tell.
is it a good thing i put some loose shorts on? what else should i do!?
15 minutes ago

- 3 days left to answer.
Additional Details

11 minutes ago
really? hmm....i mean theres no sign it could be?
maybe just an irritation....i know this is wrong but if it helps...(god help me for saying this) i didnt change the pad for a day or two....could that have been the cause of this!?
1 minute ago
OH i love the pearl tampons! those are all i use the first 3 days! i cant use any other because now im picky about the kind of tampons that i "insert"
haha.

but idk i worry if ive never experienced it before i mean i wash everyday and changed everything the first 2 days (since my periods only last 2-3 days). i made sure i was clean but i didnt change the pad because there wasnt anything really on it..i feel like this is a lesson learned.....

anyone know if itll be gone in the morning? because now im feeling like a boy (if you know what i mean)

im having kinda the same issue, last time i had sex was on saturday. ever since this morning my labia minora has been itching and its a little swollen and very sensitive, i dont know what the probelm is. im trying to google answers but nothing is helping me.

I'm having the EXACT same thing right now, it's been three days.

I was on my period and was using a pad, forgot to change it in the morning and went to school - then it started itching like crazy. It also smelled really bad that day (I know, this is really gross sounding.) but I changed the pad when I got home and took a shower to clean the area just in case. Seems like it was too late, the itching got worse and at one point it burned a bit to pee. Just once though, right now I'm on the third day, my period has stopped, I really don't have any unusual discharge, but my labia majora is pretty swollen and wrinkly.. it's really gross. And one of the labia minora is really swollen as well... the other is fine though... and it just really hurts... I have a stinging feeling and it's really uncomfortable

If you get any answers, please let me know! I'd suggest you go to the doctor but you might be like me- I can't go because i don't have a family doc or anything and it's just overwhelmingly uncomfortable to go to a clinic.

For now, try to keep the area clean and don't try to use any home remedies till you're sure of what it is. And put some loose shorts or wear no underwear when you go to bed.

I hope everything turns out alright !! :-(

The gil that said about having sex on saturday i am exactly the same and can't find anything about what it could be.

8-| I'm having the same problem. Almost a week ago (6 days) I woke up and my libia was very itchy so I showered hoping it would go away. During my shower I noticed that it had gotten swollen and red but I thought it was just because it was super itchy. I went back to bed and when I woke up it was fine. Today me and my boyfriend had intercourse and it was a little itchy before we did anything. While we where in the middle of it, it was even more itchy. I took a shower right away and noticed it had gotten swollen again. I've been like this the whole day(10 hours). It is very uncomfortable and I cant walk right. The swelling has gone down a little though. I'm really scard and have been doing reseach all day but nothing really helps. I'm going to see a doc first thing tomorrow moring. I'll let you girls know what she tells me.

im having the same sort of thing happen. im not on my period but its been really itchy and really swollen for two days. it ruins my day!! everything else is normal...just itchy and swollen. and my left side, like inside hip area, has been hurting really bad also idk if that has anything to do with it though

Hi! So the same thing happened to me, but heres what you do: just stop itching it. Just don't itch it for a few days and the swelling should go down. I know you want to itch very badly, trust me, i've been there. Just stop itching.

Hi, Same thing just happened to me i was terrified, i thought "i'm a virgin, how could anything like this happen", so i searched it, and it's not serious thank god! The main cause for this is the use of something different like a spray or shower gel, it's like an alergy to an ingrediant in it. even if it's not new you could develop an allergy. so just put something cold on it like an ice cube to reduce the swelling and try and ignore the itching, if it doesn't go down within a week or two i advise you to go to your GP, just keep is as cold as possible to reduce the swelling hope this helps x

It is most likely because of an allergy to body wash. This happens quite often to me.
Avoid anything with bright colors, beads, strong scents.

1. Go to doctor, ask for hydrocodone and lidocane (topical)
2. rest
3. youll be fine

It happens to me often, always at the very beginning or very end of my period. I only wear pads, I think it is an irritation to the glue used on the back of the pads. I don't think its anything serious. :-)

Totally normal don't worry! It's happen to me many times before and it can be from a new shower product etc but it can also from leaving a tampon in for too long or pad. Great prevention tip is wear the loosest underwear you can while on your period and change pads and tampons often! Wear loose shorts to sleep and no under wear whenever possible until swelling and itch go away. Do not scratch, it'll just make it worse. Ice or a cold wet wash cloth work well to ease discomfort and it doesn't hurt to take like a copile of in profuen or asprin.

OMG!!EVERYONE IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM AS ME!!!! it started today. I am on my period but i am unsure if i had an allergic reaction to the new pads i tried today. Both of my labias were itchy and swollen!!!it seemed as if a dang bee stung me down there cuz it was huge. i was scared. I think the labia bleed a little on the side of the inside. it is so hard for me to pee, and to sit or lay down. it burns so much and i still have no answer! :( Ladies, we need help 

I have similar situation too. however, only one side of my labia minora is inflamed and. I'm gonna visit a gyne in a day or two :(. I hope it's just easy to treat.

I HAVE SAME ISSUE and it JUST happened! im to embarrassed to tall anyone and its 6:46 pm there are no doc offices open. i was working outside and i scratched it bc it itched and i have been scratching it a couple days and now my labia is swollen and so is the vain i have that runs beside my clit. plz., what do i do!!!

same I was so itchy it was killing me, and then it got really swollen and my period started i thought it was because I itched and my pads irritated it, but it got even more swollen and itches and stings like crazy. Trying to keep clean and wash often. I think not itching helps though. So glad I found this page though because I was freaking out.