My left labia minora has been swollen for more then twelve hours. This is embarassing, because it is pertruding the labia majora. It became swollen last night after fooling around, there was a lot of friction but no lubricant because I am currently on my period. Im sorry for the details, I am just very concerened. Will the swelling go down? And what could I do to make the process faster? Ice? Heat? Ibuprofen?

I'm sure you've gotten the answer to this already since this post was from so long ago. But, I thought I'd post back anyway, since this happened to me last night! It was SO embarrassing..and disgusting looking at the same time, so i know exactly how you feel! It was horrible, I could hardly walk! and it stayed this way for more than 8 hours! I went to sleep and when i woke up, it was gone.

I have seen the same problem. My right labia minora is swollen and itchy. It began while I was also on my period, towards the end. To think of it, I think I was also fooling around with my boyfriend. I've just been trying to ignore it, but it has been 3 or 4 days now. I read a previous post that said it could be thrush (a bacterial infection) or dermatitis.

I just wanted to clarify that thrush is actually a yeast infection in the oral cavity...it is more common in infants. It is not of bacterial origin.

Just to let you all know. This can also be caused by something you ate as well. It's commonly due to irritation and yeast (candida). Sometimes you can eat something the day before and also get this situation just from itching!

you just irritated your inner lips, the swelling will go down. it happens to me when my husband and i don't have enough lube while having sex and it rubs my inner labia and makes them swell. they then start to itch and feel uncomfortable wile standing or sitting. you can use some vagisil itch cream to calm them.

I have come across this swollen labia issue twice, if you are nervous you don't lubricate as much or if you are ending your period, I wasn't wet enough and wasn't engaged in intercourse, hot baths help and not having sex, condoms help because they add lube to the intercourse, this is the only website that re-inforced what I had initially thought, no cyst, no thrush, no yeast infection, just rough, disinterested, lack-of-lube sex. 8)

My left labia menora has been swollen and itchy at the same time.I havent had sex with my boyfriend him being out of town.I havent played with myslef for weeks also so I have no idea what the problem could be.It would make sense if I had vagnal infection but I had gone to the Health department and they had told me I had nothing.If anyone could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it.

I just had this happen to me a few hours ago and freaked and called my doctor. I had been feeling itchy and had put Vagisil on earlier in the day. While this swelling can occur from fooling around etc., I feel compelled to WARN YOU ALSO that, as was in my case, some people have an allergic reaction to and swell from Vagisil itself... so beware. If this is the case wash the Vagisil off, take an anti inflammatory (if you are into holistic medicine you can also try a Boiron homeopathic remedy you can find at health food stores and some grocery stores called 'apis mellifica') My doc also recommended trying a different anti itch cream once the inflammation had gone down if necessary

thought you should know, hope it helps

i fell and hit the edge of my bed and after that my labia majora kinda get itchy and painful, its been a week and still it hurts, the swelling does not subside, my doctor gave me antibiotics, and mefenamic, still it hurts, some say i can go to operation but i'm anxious, i also tried steam, and warm water rinsing. i badly need help and clarification. thanks for reply

i am having a very similar problem my labia mionora ,both,are swelling and it has reached past the outer lids...-//- i haven't had intercourse and well i havn't touched myself either. i am cooling them...but i think this has happened before.there are symtoms that are similar to yeast but not exactly the intence itching,swelling,burning,and some whiteish sepige..if someone could help that would be great. :$

I had the same problem, just now actually, i noticed it in the shower after fooling around with this guy, i think it might have been the condom we used, but i did find somthing that helped, i just put my hand on the swollen part and pressed hard on it, pushing it back in, after a few minutes, the swelling went down dramatically. Good luck ladies.

Same as you guys, i also had the same case. My boyfriend and i had sex last nignt and when i got home and take a pee i noticed that my labia minora are swollen. So please help me, i don't know what to do to bring it back to normal... help!!! %-)

i also have the same problem. i havent been having sex are messing around or anything but lately it has been itchy down there like around the urethra. It got really itchy thismorning so i scratched the hell out of it. then i noticed that it had got hideously swollen and oversized. I later went to the doctors and they said it was bizarre, and looked like a sort of allergic reaction that you get on ur lips when you eat something you are allergic too. So far they have given me steroid cream to decrease the swelling. But said if it is not gone in 48 hours to go back. JUst to let others know they dont think it is STD related because they said everything else down there was perfectly healthy :-)
hope this helps. %-)

yeast is a type of bacteria, stupid.