I recently started dating a new guy. After a few weeks, we had sex for the first time and his penis is thicker than what I'm used to. So, of course, I expected some soreness the next day.

A few days after he and I had sex one time, i noticed my vagina was oddly sore. Like an ache. Then a day or two later, I saw my left labia had become much more swollen then the right one, and it was hard to the touch. Its painful, excruciatingly so. It hurts to walk, stand, get up and sit down. It doesn't hurt so much after I've been sitting, though.

I take ibuprofen and it seems to get slightly better to where the pain is bearable. I'm getting nervous as the pain get worse. There are no visible sores. And I have some vaginal excretion, but I always do a few days before my period. I live at college, so the only thing I can think of doing is make an appt at the health clinic on campus. My plan for now was to stop having sex for a while and see if the pain and swelling decrease. Are there any women out there who had this before? Is it just a torn muscle or something?

Hi there! I'm not a doctor but I think what your describing might be vulvo-vaginitis. It it usually caused by an infection. These are the symptoms: irritation and itching of the genital area, inflammation (irritation, redness, and swelling) of the labia majora, labia minora, or perineal area, vaginal discharge, foul vaginal odor, discomfort or burning when urinating. You should probably see your gynecologist. Take care.

It could just be a yeast infection. My doctor told me yeast and fungi are red and swollen where other rashes are different. It is not a sexually transmitted disease but you should go to the doctor to get monistat or maybe overthe counter.