I'm 21 years old and tonight I noticed that one side of my labia is swollen. There is no pain, or itching, or burning of any kind. It is just red and swollen. I checked for any kind of irritation or cut and I don't see one. Lately I’ve been having problems with bladder/yeast/kidney infections. I was wondering if anyone thought that this was related to that somehow.

It is quite possible that if you haven’t got rid of yeast infection that you are experiencing these symptoms because of that.

Yeast infection can cause all sorts of symptoms and although the most common ones are itching, vaginal discharge and foul odor, swelling and redness belongs to this group as well.

Are you sexually active? When we get aroused, blood runs into out genital, just like in guys and fills them with blood. This blood usually goes away after orgasm or after sex but it could be present some time after as well. Also, it could get swollen and a bit red due to the pressure after sex, it is nothing abnormal. Considering you already suffered from yeast infections, it could be you are prone to it, and that you contracted it again.
Yeast infection usually occurs after an antibiotic treatment, or excessive douching, non-cotton clothing, different chemicals like inks, dyes, and perfumes that upset the balance in the pelvic region and trigger allergic reactions that lead to yeast overgrowth.

I have that same problem, and i do not know what to do. It's not that swollen, but it looks odd. I've considered the blood thing, but i don't know. Though i did just get rid of a yeast infection before i had my period, so maybe that has something to do with it. Or maybe it's a reaction to a condom because i just recently had sex. Can anyone help me? It's annoying.

i have a similar problem..... i am diabetic and get really bad yeast infections..... they go away just before my period.... and then after my period i get a yeast infection immediately...... i treat them with monistat... it seems to help...... but then when i have sex with my husband of 5 years..... have never used protection.... trying to have a baby..... anyway i know its not an STD we were tested before marriage.... negative.... and we are faithful..... 100% sure of that...... after sex i sleep with his semen in me.... like i said trying to conceive..... but the next morning i take a shower and wash thoroughly..... when i get out of the shower my right inner labia is EXTREMELY swollen.... like the size of a ping pong ball..... seriously..... about 5 minutes later there is a discharge like i am ovulating except that it is a reddish color..... and there is a white "discharge" in the area around the labia that seems to come from my urethra..... it is scary.... i wipe it with baby wipes.... then it just comes back..... its like a yeast infection but with no odor or pain..... but it is itchy..... i know this is weird but it is like a deep itch..... and when i do try to stop the itch it feels like i can't stop..... i have used vagisil, cortizone, and monistat..... and a steroid cream that is supposed to stop the swelling..... nothing works.... and a few days later the swelling will go down.... back to normal for about a day.... and then the discharge and itching comes back..... but like i said there is no odor..... so its not a yeast infection and the discharge is more liquidy than the discharge from a yeast infection but it is thick..... and the itchiness is HORRIBLE.... and when we try to have sex i am wet for a minute then it is dry..... we use lube and the sex is good for a while and then it just gets painful...... like so painful that i scream... but we don't have rough sex.... we are more sensual..... it feels like he doesn't fit..... he pushes but its like a brick wall...lol.... HELP!!!!! i am so tired of this happening and i am afraid it is gonna affect my sex life and i love my husband and the sex is amazing..... i don't wanna give that up lol..... anyone have any suggestions? feel free to comment.....

I am 17 and I have the same problem. It is strange and embarrassing.

I don't have yeast or infection problems though.

i dont know since when i have the same problem problem. left labia minora is a bit swollen and fells harder than right but no pain .... and after sex it grows bigger ... is it to worry about or normal?? any home treatment?? please help i first noticed it about 15 days ago ....as i used to have irregular period and discharge before (not now) im really scared of this .. my sex was really painful and dry 5 months ago ... it was first time we used condom .i used to be very wet before so i decided not to have sex and didnt have sex for 5 months but yesterday i had sex and was wet but that swollen labia is making me stressed... always something happens to my genital health :( :(

Hi I (17) just woke up today and felt my libra has been itching since and I went to toilet to check and noticed one side of my libra is swollen but there wasn't any abnormal pain and it is just itching and bothering me plus I am not sexually active. This is really worrying me and I do not want to go to the doctor because it is really embarrassing. Help!

oml this is the exact same as me but i have had it for 5 months and it's just got worse idk what to do