So my labia minora has been itching for about the past week. i didnt think much of it, and i assumed it was from shaving. but when i was taking a shower today, i noticed some little bumpish things on my labia minora... && its the part of it thats close to the opening of my vagina. the bumpish things look exactly like taste buds on your tongue, and when i touched them, i found out they were the source of the itching. does anyone know what i have??

background info- I am sexually active, && a teenager. also, i just started my period today... not sure if that has anything to do with it, because my vaginal area has never itched like this before...

Hi! There are a number of causes for external vaginal itching, and while yeast infections are a common cause, there are many others that should be considered. Yeast infections or thrush, most commonly caused by the fungal organism Candida albicans. A yeast infection is generally accompanied by white curd-like discharge and can be brought on by antibiotics, birth control pills, pregnancy, menstruation, condom use, sexual intercourse. Vaginitis is an inflammation or infection of the vagina and/or vulva and is often accompanied by discharge and odor. Vaginitis can be caused by a variety of other infections including bacteria, viruses and sexually transmitted diseases. You should probably see your gynecologist about this.

Ive had the same thing a you mentiones, have you found out what it was?

I'm currently experiencing the same thing. There is no odd discharge or odor that would suggest yeast infection. There's just itching and the stuff that looks like tatse buds. Confused as to what it might be…