I was wondering if anyone could help me? I have been searching the internet for some kind of hope and nearly fell out of my seat when I read the symptoms of Grave's Disease. They sound so much like me. Could anyone who is a sufferer or know's about the disease help me out in terms of their experiences prior to diagnosis, and what type of doctor to go to to get diagnosed? I would appreciate any help! Thanks!!!

I was diagnosed with Grave's Disease at 30. Really, really crappy stuff!
The symptoms I noticed first were hand tremors (embarrasing), rapid heart beat, profuse sweating, weight loss, bulgy, wild eyes, and easily lost my temper.
I also experienced some female problems. I had been to 3 doctors trying to figure out what was wrong with me. Imagine my surprise while sitting the OB/GYN office,watching a video he had playing about Grave's Disease, discovering that was what was wrong with me!
I made an appt with my family MD asking for a blood test and sure enough that was the problem!
The type of doctor that treats thyroid disease is an Endrinconoligist (hope I spelled that right) or a rheumotologist that treatsauto immune disorders.
EvenGeneral Practitioners can treat it. I felt really bad but once I got it under control (radiation therapy and thyroid meds) I feel much better.
Hope I helped.

I,m a 55yr old female had a complete thyroidectomy in 94 after being diagnosed with graves diseases. In 2006 thyroid grew back on the side of my neck. Doctor said one in a million chance. Had radioactive iodine in 2007. I'm now on lazix due to swelling had left ventricle problems prior to radiation. have tried to keep working can't anymore. I feel ill everyday crying, insomnia high blood pressure doctor still adjusting synthroid can't get med insurance due to graves diseases. decided to file for SSDI. I feel like I've never been the same. Everyday is a struggle. Has anyone else felt like this?