Hi, I am 45 years old. I have serious condition regarding my hyperthyroidism. I have problems with my eyes. They are bulged and also extremely dry. I am starting to experience problems with double vision. I feel pressure in the eyes so much that sometimes I have headaches. Tell me is it caused by Graves and what can be done.

It is one of three most common symptoms of the Graves disease. It is extremely important for you to take special eye care. You are more prone to eye injuries from dust. Because the eyes are bulged eye becomes dry and more exposed. They can cosmetically open the sinuses to allow eye to drop back into natural position. Grave can be treated medically or by surgery.

Carmella-
Having this disease years ago (@ 30yrs old) I found that once I took care of the over active thyroid (radioactive iodine treatment) some of the buldging, iritation with my eyes eased up. I still have minor buldging and iritation but not like I did when I was in full blown Grave's Disease.
My Grandmother's eyes never did get better. They remained buldgy after treatment.
Just wanted to let you know maybe as you medically correct your thyroid your eyes will get better.
This is an awful disease. It's amazing how many things it affects throughout your body. Though I am now Hypothyroid, struggle with my weight, I would rather be like this than the other way. I was sick!
Good luck with treating this.