Hi, I would like to ask you something before I go to the doctor. Some time ago I have started having shakes. Actually, my hands are shaking. Also what even worries me more is the creation of the goiter. A friend of mine told me that this could mean that I have grave's disease. Could this be true? Does goiter necessarily mean grave's?

Hi, I do not mean to scare you but your friend might be right. You see, I too experienced creation of goiter along with some other symptoms. After seeing a doctor, the diagnosis was grave's disease. This is an autoimmune disease which means that our immune system is causing it. What happens is that it recognizes thyroid gland as a threat and produces antibodies that influence the "work" of this gland. As a result, excessive production of thyroxin occurs. As a result, symptoms like yours occur. However, the goiter does not necessarily mean grave's. There are tests that are needed to be performed in order to make the proper diagnosis. That is why it is important for you to see the doctor as soon as possible. Since you have already decided to make this step, I am only left to wish you the best of luck.