Hello, folks. I have heard that there are forms of lupus that affects only skin. Organs are not affected. I must admit that I haven’t heard about this before and I would prefer if someone could tell me about the symptoms of lupus dermatitis. I hope someone will answer my post. Bye!

Hi, there. You are right. There is a form of lupus that only affects skin. It is also known as discoid lupus. If it affects hairy areas, it can be left undiscovered. These changes are usually lighter in the centre. Rim is darker. Usually, this form rarely affects other organs. I think this is the case in about 10% of the patients. I hope this helps.

Hi, again. I appreciate that you’ve answered my post. My friend also told me about 10% patients that develop systemic lupus. I have also heard about butterfly shaped rash on the face, although it can be a sign of systemic lupus. I hope I’ll find out some new things. I’ll gladly share them here.

I am a sufferer of this lupus and i still can't wrap my mind around it. It has only affected my upper lip. I had what I thought were pimples on each side of my upper lip. they turned to blisters and then scared. I have tried everything to repair the scars. When it is inflamed, the outer area is a kind of red but also darker tone and dry skin like in the middle. since this area also has acne its very hard to get treatment, being that i am low income and get state insurance and they dont cover alot of things if your over 21. So if you ever find something that will help eliminate the pain and scars let me know.