Hi, guys. My friend has recently been diagnosed lupus. He has told me what kind of disease it is and that it can have various manifestations. I would like to know which neurological problems can happen provoked by lupus. I would really appreciate that piece of info. Thanks in advance. Bye!

Hello. Lupus is a systemic disease and that is why it can have manifestations on different organs. One of them is nervous system. As a consequence, there are various neurological problems. There is organic brain syndrome and headaches. When we talk about peripheral nervous system, there is sensory neuropathy. There are also paralysis, stroke, transversal myelitis, etc. There can be a personality changes and other psychological symptoms, but those are more psychiatry field. I hope I’ve helped you. If you want to know more, don’t hesitate to ask. Bye!

Hello there artus,

Since ahmed has already answered all your questions I would like to add that there is no point in repeating his words. I would just like to add that you should be really good friend now. My girlfriend (we are together 7 years) was diagnosed with lupus two years ago and the worst thing is the pain in her joints.

Since this is autoimmune condition it is a known fact that it is attacking mostly joints and blood vessels as well as other organs such as brain. So my girlfriend is having troubles with her joints and this is a problem because it is very painful and sometimes medications aren’t helping. Be as supportive as you can.