Hi. A good friend of mine got pregnant, but she also has lupus. I would like to know something more about the prognosis of this kind of pregnancy. Is there any connection to the antibodies here? I would really appreciate if someone could tell me something more about this. Thanks. Bye!

Nowadays some things have changed. In the past, women with lupus were advised not to get pregnant. However, today it has become different. If they are in remission, they can get pregnant. However, you should know that 10% of pregnant women with lupus can have a miscarriage as an outcome. As far as I know, it is linked to the presence of antiphospholipid antibodies. They are very important for the outcome. Your friend should consult her specialist for this. Obstetrician’s opinion is important as well. Good luck!