i jut want to know if its true that if u undergone thyroidectomy operation, it will be difficult to get pregnant...

Celebrity
Well, it may be but successfully conception and pregnancy are possible if your doctor adjusts the proper drug dosages.
If both thyroid and parathyroid glands are removed, this person will suffer from hypocalcaemia (low calcium levels) and of course hypothyroidism. A person may be getting high doses of levothyroxin during pregnancy, which would be decreased during breastfeeding. The same goes for hypocalcaemia drugs.

It would be best of course if you talked to your doctor about it and see what he feels regarding your individual situation. If you need to have thyroidectomy (due to abnormal mass on your thyroid), then I don’t think that you should be questioning the surgery.

A little more then a year ago my wife had a thyroidectomy due to cancer and has been dealing with regulating her medication to balance her levels. My question is how does this impact our chances of getting pregnant and if she does get pregnant what are the possible complications to the pregnancy and the development of the baby.

I had a thyroidectomy 18mths ago and i am currenty 5 weeks pregnant. Though i am not sure if it had anything to do with the thyroidectomy, it did take over a year to get pregnant.

Hi ! I had total thyroidectomy 9 months ago and Godblessed me.. I'm 11 week pregnant.. I have increased my medication by a quarter of my original dose.  To all women who had undergone thyroidectomy and wishes to get pregnant, don't lose hope.. just have faith that God will bless you.. 

I am 29, I had a total thyroidectomy 2 months ago.  I am currently 5 weeks pregnant and my doctor has assured me that as long as I continue getting my thyroid levels checked every trimester, I should have no problems with my pregnancy. 

I had a miscaririage at week 6, now again i have concieved, am 5 weeks pregnant, i dont know what should be my THS, am worried and scared.

I am 23 years old 3 months ago I had a total thyroidectomy and am 4 weeks pragnent

First trimester: less than 2.5 with a range of 0.1-2.5

Second trimester: 0.2-3.0

Third trimester: 0.3-3.0.

I had a complete thyroidectomy in Dec 2012, got Married April 2013. Finished taking my last pack of birth Control pills in July 2015. Was able to conceive by October 2015. Now at 9 weeks, thyroid medicine had to adjusted but so far I have been one of those rare pregnancies where I feel great, no morning sickness.

You don't get morning sickness during pregnancy with hypothyroidism usually. It happend with me.

How did you find out you were pregnant?

Yeah. No. This was your personal experience. I had constant morning sickness with my hypothyroidism during my pregnancy.

Your ob should call your specialist and set up a appointment very soon so to make sure you are healthy and the baby as well

I hope also I'm getting pregnant I'm Done total thyroidectomy I pray to get pregnant again 6 months ago I'm done my operation