Hey there! My hubby and I have always been keen on sports. Ive just found out that Im pregnant but I dont want to give up on my active lifestyle. There will be a marathon weve always wanted to participate in next month and now Im having a dilemma whether to run or not. What do you think? Is it safe to run during the first trimester of pregnancy?

Congratulations! But first of all, Id suggest you to go and see a doctor concerning the possibility to participate in a marathon. I think that even if its safe, you probably wont be able run due to nausea and sickness in your stomach. Also, I dont know why you would risk your pregnancy for a marathon. Pregnant women should practice physical activities throughout their pregnancy, but these activities should be mild and controlled and in consultations with your doctor. Marathon is, as you know, one of the most difficult and exhausting sports and it is very exhausting for strong athletes, let alone pregnant women. I think that walking and swimming are best and safest exercises for pregnant women.