Hello. I have some questions to pose and they are about my mother’s health state. You see, she is 74 years and still feeling vital and full of life. When she was in her 50s, she started to suffer from some typical menopause symptoms and she was on hormone replacement therapy for about ten years.
Then she stopped and feeling just fine but only one symptom was present even after all those years –hot flashes. She told me that that is killing her. Beside this – she’s feeling just fine.
The hot flashes would come for a few months and then disappear for a few months. I'm interested in what is causing them and is there any trick for avoiding them?

Hello. I know some crucial facts about hot flashes and I feel obligated to tell everything I know about it.
How to explain hot flashes? Every woman has her own describing of this but most woman feel it as hot feeling on face and upper body, accompanied by a rapid heartbeat and sweating, nausea, dizziness, anxiety, headache, weakness or a feeling of suffocation.
Direct cause of them is unbalanced hormonal status, but it can be caused by life style or by using some medications.
Decreased level of estrogen has a direct effect on the hypothalamus, the part of the brain responsible for controlling body temperature. This hormone confuses hypothalamus and then the brain isn’t aware of the outside temperature. The best way to beat hot flashes is avoiding triggers such as stress, alcohol, caffeine, saunas and many others.

im 77 and have had a total hysterectomy but i have orgasmns would this cause hot flashes

I am 77years young. Very active and I have a flush night and day several times. I need some relief.

How what do l have to do?

How do I do that?

Caffeine, alcohol or not, I still have them. What gives? Are there any natural remedies out there, as I eat healthy and exercise fairly regularly? I am not overweight, nor do I have any serious health problems.

Hot flushes at 74 . No stress,alcohol not overweight is there a temedy

dripping in sweat many times also like you day & nite & NOW.................find anything?
Estraven seemed to help a "tiny bit"; but I look 2 mos. pregnant. Arrrrrgggghhhhh, Jaemy