I have been on Percocet and Duragestic patch. I noticed that patches took at least a day to start working, so I start tapering with Duragestic patch, because pain was persistent. I have been suffering from headaches for 10 years now, and believe me I tried everything from A-Z.
I would like to know the following things .1. What are the side effects of Percocet? It is new medication for me and 2.Can people who are not receiving opiate therapy use Duragestic patches?

My mom has been using Percocet for some time and as I know common side effects are nausea, vomiting dizziness…and those that are rarely occur: itchy skin, depressed felling, constipation, skin rash…But as you mentioned that you are using with Duragestic patches check first with your doctor before you combine, especially because you plan to taper patches. And about second question as far as know Duragectic patches should only be used in patients who are already receiving opiate therapy. Apropos those who showed opiate tolerance and require a total daily dose at least similar to Duragestic 25 mcg/h.