k ive been on heroin for 2 years doing up to hg a day. what i did is the last week of h i cut down as much a i possible could then did my last dose at 5pm sat. slept fine til 4 am woke up kicking and withdrawing :'( . i forced myself to wait til noon to take the first suboxone. WOW MIRICLE DRUG!!!!!! no withdrawl at all went to work just fine for three days. so then i was on sub for 3 days and off h for 4. well i took my narrow window of oportunity and got xanex and wednesday an thursday i just took xanex to take the edge off the anxiety part of withdrawl. no pain no puking no nothing but a little anxiety and took care of that. im telling you all if you want off heroin this is the way to do it.THERE IS A WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY!!! THERE IS HOPE!. you dont get dependant on suboxone and your off the heroin. i have felt great while on suboxone and great off it too. for those of you been stuck on h for years like me you know how amazing it would feel to be completely free of it. Good Luck to all of you! i will be praying for you. :-D

I did the same thing (almost)with methadone-coming off of heroin. I took methadone for 7 days- big dosages to completely stop my h withdrawals. Then just stopped the m. No withdrawals at all afterward- just slight stomach trouble in the mornings for the next week or so. 7 days are not long enough to get hooked on m. Yes, there is hope!

WOW!  Thank you both for your advice!  I am grateful.  Best of luck!

I have thought about this method also, however can anyone else confirm that this actually works?  Im no scientist or expert, but in theory, it makes sense..  You give ample time for the Heroin withdrawals to pass (Usually takes 4-7 days for the worst part to pass), and then simply stop taking the Subs, all before you become dependent them.  However, I am just not so sure that this would actually work for me.  Maybe for a light user with very mild withdrawals.  If I stopped taking the subs after only 4 days, even though the worst part of the Heroin withdrawals would have probably passed, I just can not imagine there being no withdrawals apart from anxiety.  Considering withdrawals usually last around a week, and even longer, there would still be at least another 3 days of moderate withdrawals, possibly even moderately severe.  Of course I would then continue to take the subs for these remaining days, and then by then it would be a week of subs.  I guess a week might be just short enough to be able to stop without too much pain. 

I actually thought of this exact same theory except reversed.  I was on a long term suboxone maintenance plan as recommended by my doctor/parents, however I became completely tired of it and wanted out after 2 years.  However the doc had me on such a high dosage, and I didn't taper down properly, so when I tried to stop, the withdrawals were HELL.  I thought, what if I used H to ease my withdrawals while my body got rid of the subs, but only for 4-7 days.  This way the sub withdrawals should have passed, and hopefully it would have been short enough for me not to get dependent back on the H.  Of course many could see how this method could be completely stupid, and insane as there would be an extremely high chance for relapse.  And that would if you didn't even consider that relapsing to begin with... which it is in a way.  Just more of a "justified" relapse.. which is a total oxymoron. 

yup it works , i'm doing it now , its been 5 day without suboxone , i went on suboxone for 3 days on the 4th day i stop'd taking it & im feeling normal til today , ive been living in hell this last couple off years , but 3 days on suboxone n the h withdrawls are gone :) n i was smoking 1.5g a day of pure stuff , i gotta realy big habbit & im off it now :D trust me do this method , & remember u dont need methadone , getting on that is worst

Congratulations! So you've been off of heroin for like 10 days? and suboxone for about a week? Are you not having ANY physical withdrawals or anxiety? I pray that you aren't and are still doing well, but I've been an addict since 15 (about 9 years), and have been clean for the past 4 years, and am now an addiction specialist and if this method really does work for getting off heroin, I'm sure it would work for other opiates and could be quite a breakthrough as far as withdrawals. I'm still the new girl counselor on the block, and would love to have something to reccommend to people who feel like there's no hope. I would still adivse you to develop some kind of sober support system, because you will probably have cravings now and then, but best of luck, and keep me updated as to how you are feeling!

Yes it can work, I do a big dose of H in the morning at like noon, so it can almost hold me over to the next morning. Than I take 4 mgs of suboxone the 1st day, and 4 again the 2nd day and then 8 the 3rd day, and the next almost 3 days u will feel no withdrawal. and then after 3 days of ur last dose of suboxone take xanax for the next 2-3 nights and u will withdraw painlessly. But then i do still have trouble sleeping and get anxiety, but hey at least its pain free!

Hello all , I have a 19 yr old son who is on 9 bags of heroin a day and I am detoxing him at home , today is the first day n I'm really scared to see what I'm in for , should he be taking suboxone ? The last time he did dope was yesterday or late last nite , but he's been homeless because he's robbed everyone that's tried to help him , so I told him its his last chance to survival etc......

Yes~ suboxone for sure! higher chance to recovery! I was on 185mg of methadone walked off when I got to 134mg's. Them I used H for about a two weeks to cut my habit in half. Bought 21 subs and i took two suboxone when I had about 12hrs without H. Four hours later i took four 8mg subs and next day two of em every four hours. I'm down to 1 per day (sub). I used two times (H) and couldn't feel it so gave up. Giving him sub's will help him through this. My sister did it too only for four to five days then get him off of them. good luck and God Bless!!!

candii doll wrote:

Lulu814 wrote:

Oh, I was on methadone for thirteen years! God is good!

Lulu,

May God bless you in your time of need and I will be praying that you son fully recovers from his addiction. Don't give up on him.....keep on loving him through it. Best wishes and a successful recovery so that you can have your boy back once and for all!

This doesn't seem practical for someone with a big habit, like myself. I've been on methadone, suboxone, and subutex. Every time I start the suboxone or subutex the first day is always hell. I can't imagine, unless you have a small habit, that you won't feel like sh*t after you stop taking the subs. You would still have an opiate in your system, which is what your body is addicted to. That's great it worked for you. Wish it were that easy for me.

That's the way to do it if you have willpower. You definitely "detoxed" and avoided the withdrawals. I think that the rate of relapse after this type of plan is very high though. That's where long term Suboxone and maintenance come in. And then getting off that is pure misery for quite a while. But if you really want to turn your life around and are strong enough and avoid using again, or slip up in the future, use and do this again, until the times you mess up and use become less frequent, until one day hopefully you just stop. Of course, ideally you would have never used after being clean this first time.

Wow that sounds almost impossible but i will try anything at this point , i wonder if flexeril will have the same effect as xanax what do you think ?? cause i cant get xanax , please any advice will help me

Here's my take on this. I've been an addict all my life back and forth but most recently I've been clean foe two weeks now and the transition form h to sub is always shitty! No matter what. It's year me and my girlfriend went to Florida by ourselves for a week to get clean and only had enough subs for the first couple days. We figured by then we could stop and be fine. We were way wrong! We were just starting to be able to move and be semi normal humans when we ran out. We poke up the next day feeling the same as the second day off junk!! It was terrible! We left two days early to go home and get subs! I think maybe for light users this may be possible. But the way I look at it... Subs for life or as long as it takes. It's cheaper safer and u can live a normal life! 

Hope it may have helped! Good luck everybody. chooses life!