ever since I was 14 I noticed a change, it wasnt the typical change i was expecting and thought to myself.. this isnt puberty is it? im sure everyone didn't go through this? i once was a very bright student and a very interesteding creative pupil, and suddenly.. i just became disinterested with everything, I didn't kno what was happening.. but somthing was...I would concentrate less, less aware of my surrounding and confused at times and used to care less about everything, not at my will..it was just happening,I tried to brush it off thinking it would go away.. but it was there.. and it was like a black hole in my heart.. i tried to carryin on living a normal life.. but in the back of my mind.. i knew somthing was wrong with me, I would wake up in the middle of the night..sweating.. thinkin whats wrong with me, it was getting to me really bad.. and I had no clue what was happening..I became tierd, and i used to wake up feeling really lethargic.. for no apparent reason.. I also noticed my muscles feeling weak and twicty.. and my muscles would jerk for no reason.. it was freaking me out .. it was like my nerves was messed up, so now im like 14-15 still and hving stomach muscle pains.. I had no idea what it was.. i thought i had cancer or a tumor or somthing..i didnt kno what it was but i was scared..so i had a scan on my stomach and nothing.. everytime i went to the doctors and they proved nothing was wrong.. with me.. I would feel happy for a week or 2 but in the back of my head i knew something was wrong..when my nerves in my muscle used to set off .. in my ankle it would jerk repeativly for so long if i ran.. it worried me..I also began to have less breath.. it was difficult for me to breath and swallow, it was very hard for me.. because I had no idea what was happening to me a docotors used to just palm me away saying its only this blah blah.. but when i knew it was somthing, I stopped going to the doctors because obviously they didn't know and them tellin me it was somthing else etc and nothing to worry about was just making it worse so i decided to stop going to the doctors..because tbh theyre a waste of time, I also began to become uncomfortmable in social situations and have hard time gettin words out and making conversation, I used to be a really good football player/soccer and that went aswell.. I gradualty couldnt run like i used to.. i used to play 7 hours some times i was that active..I would also get these panic attacks if thats what they are it almost felt like but it was different.. i would be short of breath but I also kept feeling weak and like not enough blood was getting to my head, I would begin to crave food mostly carbs and my speach would be slurred, called amberlance numerous times.. and they just palm me off with anxiety or panic attacks and stress.. i finally found out theres no help whatsoever.. I wasnt stressed person but them telling me it was somthing else.. was making me stressed...I also noticed a change in my personality.. mood swings..caring less..when a memeber of the family died.. i didnt care much.. which wasn't like me.. i also became obsessive.. I would be obsessed with stuff, and not know when to stop.. moving on forward at 16 im doing my GCSE's and i didnt care about them at all.. didnt revise.. I just couldn't care less.. all i was thinking about was whats the point in doing these for the future.. if i have this illness which i dont know what it is .. and its not getting any better...i used to also get headaches.. used to go home from school and fall asleep which wasnt like me.. then wake up at times like 4am...after school i didnt care to go college but.. i just went just to make my family happy and to shut them up.... when going to sleep i cant sleep on my left side .. otherwise i get dizzy and feel like not enought blood is getting to my head..and other parts.. so i sleep on my right and have done for years now.. everytime i get these panic attacks or whatever theyre called.. i always feel afterwards like my brain has degraded and gotten worse.. my awarness.. my emotions.. i can hardly feel any emotion any more.. it gotten to that stage.. also this hasnt helped my social life either.. hardly have any friends.. never had a gf.... ive been through so much.. that nothing scares me nomore seriously..i dont care if ive got the worst desase well i do but ya know.. i just want to know what i have..atleast..its funny when my family say stuff like.. oh when u have kids ull understand.. and i just think to myself.. heh.. ill never have kids or get married.. yeh its sadening but what can i do..ive been through too much to care anymore.. i also noticed that my fitness has declined alot.. and that when i run or anything my face go's red and swollen and i get short of breath like im dieing.. my voice would go slurry and same effects as pervious attacks but worse, this is hard for me.. because i was once a really good football player.. all i ever wanted to be was a footballer.. i was better than all my peers and used to make a fools out of adults in the park.. i was really that good and im not fat at the moment..if anything im totally opposite and i never get junk food.. i eat wholegrain foods no choclate no nothing seriously..so yeh as the years went past its just gotten worse and worse.. ive tried thinking ive got every illnes under the sun.. till about ayear ago.. i thought..well..it might be dementia.. i went to a special neuroligist and i told him maybe i got dementia and he laughed.. which really was the final straw for me so i hvnt been to a doctors since.. ive given up seriously.. i noticed that when i get these attacks.. then i eat carbs like pasta.. it calms me down and subsides the effects im feeling.. somthing to do with serotonin maybe.. so yeh its just gotten worse..remembering things is really hard.. feeling self motivation is gone...looking forward to stuff is gone.. its like that peice of my brain has compelety dissappeared..everythings just declining ...keeping up on top of things. staying organised.. i also get very angry from time to time for no reason.. and im very impatient ive noticed...slow reaction time..get confused somtimes thinking where am i? this is all real.. mood swings.. i also have a hundreds of bookmarks saved on my pc because if i read a site one day then next ill completly forget about.. im also have times where i spend money on stupid stuff which i dont really need and think are going to make me happy when then dont and the only time ill be happy is when this is gotten rid of which isnt going to happen...i also noticed i keep blinking way more than i used to... i try to be happy as i can.. but i cant hide from the truth though.. so yeh now im 20..and nothings gotten better.. just worse i feel like sooner or later im going to be a brainless vegatable able to do nothing, parents telling to me get a job.. all im thinkin is.. if only they knew what im going through...i try tell them they dont understand, being broke doesnt make things better aswell due to no job..i just mostly stay on the computer or somtimes go out for a walk or somthing with a friend i have.. and i enjoy listening to relaxing music thats about all i enjoy..my social life.. well.. what social life.. this illness has prevented me from everything.. my dreams my future my everything..one doctor said that some attacks could be hypertension or hypersenstivity.. and im thinkin,, im sure thats linked to dementia somewhere i read.. dementia can cause them...also since i was about 19 i started balding.. which doesnt help .. i think its probably due to not enough blood getting to my head.. 19yrs old and balding? wow.. keeps gettin better doesnt it ..sometimes i just think im cursed.. ok i have something wrong with me.. ok lets try get diagnosed..no result..so i have to try and live a normal life? lol.. how can i.. seriously..my thought are I have vascular dementia.. i could be totally wrong..but things i suffer from all point to that.. this is my worst nightmare..and im living it.. i wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.. this illness has totally robbed me of my teen life and into my adult life..if anyone thinks it might be somthingelse please let me know your thoughts im all ears

HELLO  YOTO ,
and all readers of this space.I just wanted you to know your not the only one with this issue!!I  was reading what you wrote and i was amazed that there is actually someone in this world with the same kind of problem that i have.I was reading and asking myself if it is me you were writing about.Well i am 21 year old  female now and i got this sudden feeling in my brain and my sight while i was walking in the skul compound when i was also 14yrs.I started becoming unaware of my surrounding and i have this uncomfortable behaviour too,which is kind of affecting me.I started loosing interest in things ,now i am at  a whole other level where nothing interest me at all which is not like me cause i used to like having fun and have people around me and i was so playful but that is starting to fade.So i was just asking if you cud find a way of sending me your email so that we can stay in touch ,and any other person who has this problem and is reading this plese do the same.Since you posted this sometime back have you got any results  or medication that helps you??????please i am so dying to find an answer that will put an end to all of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ANY DOCTOR  OUT THERE PLEASE GIVE SOME ADVISE ON HOW  TO TREAT THIS MYSERY  OF A DISEASE.

doctors still dont know/keep palming me off, I came to the conclusion its carotid arteries disease causing all these problems with TIA strokes . it has to be i've eliminated everything else

yes.. i have the sme symptom too EXACTLY THE SAME and im 19

It could actually be MS. Or could just be a result of stress. Just shut yourself in your room if you have to and calm down and meditate if you could. I know how this feels I'm going through the exact same thing. I'm constantly confused, and I realise that I cannot do a simple task or think at all, and I've got some comprehension problems with language. Talk to a family member or a psychiatrist. It would help a lot:)

There are many mind / body issues that doctors can't explain that are due to deprivations of nutrients that are not severe enough for doctors to see as abnormal, but can indeed trigger abnormal physical and psychological conditions. I really suspect this is the case here. I am not a doctor but have studied nutrition in an effort to self-cure a physical condition that I've had with my immune system not responding. After years of doctors 'palming me off' and self-treatments with alternative therapies, I decided to see a 'wellness Dr' who has cured me with nutrition therapy. It has been a slow process, as it takes a long time to get yourself in a nutrient-deprived state, it also takes a while to build those nutrients back up to normally functioning levels. My main concern was continuing to live, as my immune system could not fight off respiratory illness (I was sick 25% of one full year), but also noticed on the road to recovery that the nutrition therapy improved my psychological state greatly also. When I was suffering, I felt like there was nowhere to go but down, as I was witnessing my own decline and no one or myself was able to do anything that helped me. My 'welness dr' can diagnose exactly what nutrients the body is needing, and prescribes accordingly. The vitamins I take from her are not ones that are over the counter - they are very 'pure', and are, I hate to say, a little expensive. But for less than a $100/month, I have my hope back, my life back, my power back. I know how scary it is to go through this by yourself - I felt alienated from the rest of the world because no one understood, and therefore could believe, what I was going through. Don't give up hope - after almost 10 years of suffering, I was ready to give up, but found out it was a relatively simple answer. My wellness dr tells me stories of patients that come to her with cancer, asthma, seizures, psychological complaints, etc. that she can cure with the right combination of nutrients. She was recommended to me by someone who had cancer, and I didn't have anything to lose so I tried it. I am so glad I did...I can be a 'normally functioning' parent again to my daughter. My doctor is at the Canyon Wellness and Chiropractic Clinic in Spearfish, SD. If you can't get there, she may be able to recommend someone in your area who diagnoses and treats the way she does. Good luck and may God bless you.

Have you ever had an EEG done? This could HELP rule out abnormal brain activity/seizures. Most seizures are non-convulsive, & symptoms can vary greatly person to person.

Good God..... Is there anything people don't blame on wheat and gluten??? Jeesh. Wondering if you're still there and holding on. I keep finding posts from people suffering from this strange condition. I know what you're experiencing because this happened to me 5 years ago and progressed to the point where I lost the ability to talk for 10 days. I was locked in my head unable to connect words to my mouth. Unlike many people here I found my way back from it. Yes. You lose your interest in life and living. Yes you can't find anything to be excited about. Yes, You can eat as healthy as you want, it doesn't change. The buzzing/whirring sound in the right side of my brain got so loud I began to stutter.  Not being able to retain information. Forgetting how to do the most simple and base things you've done your entire life. Never truly falling asleep. Hovering between sleep and being awake all night. Unable to clearly verbalize things you're thinking. Socially withdrawing because you can't keep up in conversations anymore. I really do understand. AND NO. IT'S NOT THAT YOU;RE LAZY. There's a serious problem in your body and it's NOT YOUR FAULT.  If you're still out there please respond and I'll tell you what I've figured out. Doctors (and I went to MANY) did me no good. I had to figure it out myself. I think I can offer you some assistance. Maybe together we can compare notes and with others who've suffered with this we can bring awareness to it. Because it's real and it's a problem. Hope to hear from you. I'm following this thread and will be notified if you post. Big Hugs. Things can change.

Hey, i am going through the same thing and it began around 7 months ago. I just turned 14. I feel the exact same way. I thought i was the only person out there feeling like this. Has any of you figured out what it may be?

Hi there, I am desperately seeking help for my son who is experiencing these exact symptoms, it is breaking my heart to see him so unhappy, how did you help yourself get better?

Hey, yoto, are you still reading these posts?
If you see this, please answer me, I'm having the same problems.
I'm 16, at my last straw...

I have a question, how many of u guys smoke/smoked weed at the time of the disorder? Maybe it triggered the shutdown of proper chemical production idk. Also I recommend all u guys check for any chronic uti's or infections (fungal and bacterial). I can say that ive been afflicted for 2 months with the exact symptoms described in the thread (I'm not kidding, yoto's description is so damn accurate) but lately I've found some relief with antifungal medicine, vitamin c, and a sh*t tons of coconut water. Let me explain, I think the infection feeds on electrolytes in the blood but doesn't have enough of an impact to show up on blood tests (trust me ive had frikkin 5, and all from different hospitals). Nonetheless it is enough to disrupt the chemical symphony present in ones brain tissues and send people haywire. The 3 "fixes" mentioned above aim to destroy an infection (anti fungal meds combined with vitamin c intake because the vitamin makes it unfavorable for invading bodies to procreate and coconut water because it is frikkin PACKED with electrolytes(as a side note try to get it straight from the coconut, as bottling companies have been known to tamper with its electrolytic content and that would make it futile as electrolytes are exactly what we're trynna get)). I came up with the treatment about a week ago and have experienced relaxation of several symptoms since I started it. My verbal abilities are slowly regenerating day by day and I've actually given a sh*t about a few things this past week (I know its strange to think thats an improvement, but I had begun giving ZERO f**ks about anything). Most startling of all, however, is that I have some of my memory making ability back, and can now remember some sh*t (still, theres atleast 30-50 times a day where I experience a minor lapse, like forgetting where ive kept my phone even tho I did it a frikkin MINUTE ago but its better than remembering next to nothing). Please Please Please reply as I want to help if possible, and also receive some assisstance in the process. I know that this sh*t can destroy people as it did me (I had an IQ of 140 and a near flawless memory before this BS, and school was easy as f**k, and no im not trying to show off, but I want you to know I used to be very happy about these things until they were ripped away from me. Now im just a hollow reminder of the person I once was, and that has deeply humbled any arrogance I may have had ) but with some help from yall maybe we can all finally fucken heal and get on with life. Remember, RESPOND PLEASE!