Hi all,
I'm a healthy 14 yr old male here and I just found a firm lump under my left nipple.. it's firm and sore when explored. the nipple skin is tender at many times, but also sometimes harder. pressing down from the nipple it feels less firm and slightly disk like. The actual breast area, is puffy (and seems to be getting more so although the lump is staying the same ) and sticks out a bit. it also hurts when touched.

The other nipple is fine, although I think there is a small lump under it, I'm not worried about that.

my parents reckon it's nothing to worry about, and it's hormonal. I looked it up and found many teens also concerned with similar issues. It seems there is a condition ( excuse the spelling) genecomastia which is not a concern, but I'm more worried about cancer and serious issues! especially as it's only on one side!! I'm scared, and it's leading me to sleepless nights.. someone please help me, what's wrong with me!!

Hi ppwt,

The odds are very good that your parents are correct and that it is due to hormones. Your body is undergoing a lot of changes as you are well aware.

Saying that, I still think it should be evaluated by your doctor. It probably is nothing but play it safe and put your mind at ease.

Finally, it's important to remember that not every lump is cancer.

Keep us posted.

Hi Dan,
Thanks for getting back quickly.
Just keeping you posted- the lump is smooth and round/ maybe disk shaped as it feels flat when pressed down on the nipple. My other nipple has become more sore, although a very small (if it is one) lump is present on it.

It could just be me, but sometimes the lump feels smaller, especially in evenings, and sometimes "normal" sized (for me), mostly morning/midday.

I expect the puffiness of the nipple is to do with puberty and hormones. However after researching the subject, I can't really tell, although some vaguely say they had a lump when they had/ have gynecomastia- although i'm not sure. Is it normal, or a possible symptom?

I'll try and visit the doctor. I'm slightly less scared as I remember from experience that time heals it, as long as it's not touched. Is this the case for gynecomastia? How long does it take, and is there a mark, or puffy nipples left after??

Anyone else shed some light on this topic?

Thanks

Hi ppwt,

The lump can very well change size. It is probably a lymph node that you feel, they clean the blood. You may notice them in other parts of your body, under your chin/jaw for example.

Gynecomastia is more than just a lump. It is a buildup of tissue in the mammary glands.

Hope it helps.

its a sympton of puberty, i have it too, im 12. :$

hi,

I'm 14 and I also have this problem in my right nipple it is very sore to touch and is a sort of disc shape. Just wondering what feedback any1
Else has had from a GP or doctor about this same problem

Thanks :-)

Hi all,
Just a final update. I've stopped worrying about the lump and almost forgot about it. It still hurts, but less, and i have another on the other nipple too. They are extremely tender and are definatley getting smaller already, so I am not concerned anymore. If anything odd happens I will post. Thanks for all the help anyway.
Will

im 12 and i have lumps under both nipples plus both are puffy. it's been there for about a year. little worried :$

im 13 and i have a lump under  my left nipple its like a disk shape ass whell and my left nipple is puffy and tender only hurts when punched or pinched

i have it under both and im14! for 10mins its puffy then it flat a wrinkly and the defs a big marble lum[p under both!

i have the same problem with my right nipple and i was affraid it could be breast cancer but im glad to know its probably hormones

Well I'm 13 right now and I have it (whatever it is) under my left and can feel a small disc under my right. What's going on here? And some of your info medic-dan was helpful. I still don't get it's cause. Explain please. :P

im  13 but started getting this problem lump like yall 6 months ago. i was also afraid it might be somthing crazy but ill wait becouse mine arint hurting at all, just feeling kinda thick behind the nipple and also disk shaped. i was a chubby kid but been in sports loosing weight thought that may also be part of my body changes. anyone else have the same issues? love to hear it.

Ive read up on these nipple lumps as i have one myslef under my left nipple mine is not tender but i assume it could vary.

Ive been told that when your going through puberty lots of hormones are being released male aswell as female and some get realsed faster than others. So you could be getting the female a little more which is telling your body to form boobs. Now as we are guys and we have less female hormones it should stay somewhat of a smaller size hope this helps anyone questioning whats going on.

hi im 144 and my left nipple and gotten larger than the right , there is a small lump that is attached underneath my nipple !! answers ?/