how can i lose weight.i am overweight and very upset. im a 14 year old who would kill to look like a good looking teenage girl with a great body and beautiful. How can I lose weight? :'(

I'm 16, and I'm also overweight. How much do you weigh exactly?

Anyways, I'm about 6'2" and at the beginning of this summer, I was around the low 240's. Although I can't say that I've been doing it every day, I walk or run (depending on what mood I'm in) in the morning for about 45 minutes to an hour, and then around noon time I swam (sometimes just laps, or something just messing around and stuff) for about 20 to 30 minutes.

The key to lossing weight is eating only when you "need" to eat. For example, I used to get some snacks, a couple of cokes and just sit infront of my television or computer and snack all day, even when I wasn't hungry.

Improve the things you eat. Meaning, don't continue to eat junk food, ever. Self control is the key to this. Once you hear your stomach give a little growl, then you know it's time to eat.

No carbonated beverages! NONE! Coke and all those other drinks are terrible for you, especially if you're trying to lose weight. One coke every once in a while (about one in 2 weeks) is alright, but nothing more.

I haven't been giving it my all, which somewhat depresses me, but I'm already at 227. If I continue to do this, I'll be at the BMI "healthy weight" range in a matter of 3 or 4 months.

Good luck, and I hope you take my advice seriously.

Oh, one last thing. If you have any friends that are also overweight and would like to shed some pounds aswell, trust me on this one - get them involved.

I find walking, running, or swimming with someone else much easier than doing it alone. If I'm alone, I tend to start becoming borred, and feel like stopping. If there's someone there with you, you both push eachother to try harder, and it's just a nice comfort to have in general.

I am 16 years old and also overweight. Im 5'0 and weigh 148 lbs. I want so badly to lose weight id do anything. And I meen anything. I have begged my parents for lypo or gastro bypass surgery but they just wont do it they think its to risky.. I will take pills laxetives vomit whatever it takes to be thin. If anyone has any advice on this please let me know ANY way to lose weight no badder how unhealthy it is. I have a family event coming up in 2 weeks and i want to shock everyone on how thin I am, how can i do this??? please help me :'(

It'll be difficult to loose all the weight you'd like to in 2 weeks, but you could surely make a good effort.
Don't do any sort of surgery, try as hard as you can to exercise. If you give up on exercizing, you're giving up on your life (eventually). Just stop thinking about food, eat only the healthiest, and just be smart about your weight loss. If you don't eat and lose all that weight, you'll just harm your body even more.

Think long term man, I know it's hard, but it's the best way.

thank you at least I got an opinion about it. I was thinking about doing this juice fast program. It is a fast way to lose weight, not so healthy while in it but after wards your body gets rid of the toxins. I know I cant lose that much weight without doing it unhealthy in 2 weeks but do you think that if I keep up a good diet and excersize daily I can lose weight before thanksgiving? I want to impress my family so they can stop saying oh how big youve gotten and say wow you look small! the excersize i choose to do is DDR its dance dance revalotion if you didnt know that. It works you out like aerobics and I love it. Do you honeslty think if I do that everyday like aerobics for an hour and keep a good diet i can lose weight before thanksgiving??

The only way you're eventually going to lose weight in the long run is if you're doing it for yourself -- not ANYONE else. Believe me, I've gone throught it all: obesity, fad diets, JENNY CRAIG, low-calorie, BULIMIA, ANOREXIA, crazed obsession with the way I look -- it's a never ending cycle. The more I think about it (sometimes even the better I look), or the more weight I lose, the worse I feel about myself because I'm trying to do it for others. But the times that I actually did it to be happier and healthier for myself, I have success. I hate looking in the mirror and hating what I see, and knowing that I'm "physically unhealthy," but the only way to change is to do it healthily...bulimia only screwed me over and ruined my voice. It's sooo easy to say "eat well and exercise," but that's truly hard, and EASIER SAID THAN DONE. Quick weight-loss programs are usually just water weight and not fat either, so that wont work. Eating disorders may drop a few pounds, but you lose muscle mass and fat doesn't really go away; the calories must be burned in order to get rid of fat!!!! You HAVE to eat! It's surprising to say this, because I'm really struggling with my self-image and eating disorders, but if I can help others with my experience then that helps me out. Hopefully one day I'll be at my goal weight, but I know I'll only get there through dedication and healthy lifestyles -- NOT killing myself.
THE END

i am educated and know about this subject. First is portion control. don't eat so much at one time. your body can only take in a little at a time. don't have sweets and colas. set a goal to lose 10% of your body weight in six months. i know that sounds like a long time. but by doing it this way you will be able to keep the weight off because six months is the right amount of time for your body to adjust to not being overweight. finally power walk at least 3 days a week for at least 30 minutes each time. if you do this...and stick to it...i promise, u will lose weight, safely and keep it off! okay...god luck

p.s. there is no such thing as quick and successfull weight loss. time is the key, okay!!!!

am am over weight and fat people call me very hurtful and nasty names and no one wil be mi friend because of wot i look like

im 14 nd i am overweight
fough out the years ive lost some weight and im was really happy about that then i stopped bothering and i still need to lose more weight
i aint been exercising because i aint had time
and some times i cant be botherd
until i see some one thats really skinny i feel like i should be like that

In The Summer of 2004 I weighed 190 pounds, I was tired of feeling heavy the only one of my friends that really looked "Big" So I said to myself that's it I'm tired of feeling like this! In the end of 2006 I weighed 110! I felt great.

Now every body is different even if the look a-like, exercise with eating good foods may work with some people sometime just a simple 45 minute run will work, you can't just pick the easiest way out of losing weight, I trust you the chance of it working are about 10% a most...

For me I had to do a lot, eat good foods,exercise (2x a day),and acupuncture! But the method that works for most people is to watch the calorie intake and the sugar intake. If you calorie in-take is at 6k, don't just say only 2k a day work it down in a paced manner and it should help :-)

Im 5'4 and weigh 156pounds.. ew:(

I'm a teen and I'm overweight, but lots of boys still loves hanging out with me because of my personality. So just be proud and be cheerful. Those people who tease you about your weight are immature and do not think that being overweight is also such a great thing to have.

But of course, eat healthly and excercise once in a while because you want to stay healthy (healthy as in healthy, not healthy as in skinny).

You Can Do "IT"! is a very special message I am trying to get out to overweight young adults. I want to get the message to them that they can do ANYTHING that they want to! Now "IT" is a very particular word, "it" can be anything to anybody. It could be losing weight, or having the social life that high school students dream of.. The best part about this, I'm a former overweight young adult - and I know what its like now days growing up in high school overweight. I also keep it very real.

I was overweight and depressed for years until I came across this amazing program called fit4lyfe.It completely changed my life while maintaining who I was. It takes into consideration that a dieter and person who works out needs a life and has a life,maybe kidss too, and for me I hated working out. This program is a personalized one on one approach to successfully eating and working your way to losing weight and feeling great!