hey, i am 15 years old, about a month ago i smoked a lot of weed out of a beer can. it was the first time i had smoked in a couple months and i got really high. i had about 3 beers that night also. the next morning i felt ok but at around 5 that night i started feeling really high out of nowhere and it had been about 15 hours since i had smoked. i just tried to go to sleep and i slept for a couple of hours, and when i woke up i started feeling the same dp effects as most of you have explained. i was very paraniod, anxious, and i a lot of minor panic attacks every day, i would start getting very paranoid every time i left home, or if i was alone. it has been about a month since i smoked and my "dp" is still there. it has gotten a lot better since then and some days i will feel fine, but on the other hand, other days i will feel very weird. i just want to feel normal again...

Hi

I hope your feeling as little better now the one thing I can say and if you think this doesnt apply to you then please ignore it but.

When you say DP have you seen a doctor/counscillor/pshychiatrist about this.

I smoked for years my friend and recently started feeling paranoid and thinkin things which just werent like my thought patterns.

I started reading online on forums and started to convince myself somthing was wrong with me.

The mind is powerful and some people (inluding myself) can be persuaded the wrong way without even realising it. Im not a professional but im sure its possible to induce yourself into thinking somthing is wrong with you because you believe somthing is wrong with you.

Do you get what im saying mate?

Try to relax, do somthing you enjoy mayber even speak to your parents/family/any one you can trust about it and remember to tell yourself if you feel ok maybe you are ok.

And if it persist please see a professional.

Take it easy and be happy for the positive things in your life.

well..i havent seen a doctor or anything about it but i started looking online and all the symptoms that i tought i had were related to depersonalization. it is getting better though i think, and thanks for your advice

Thats good to hear friend, Im glad your feeling a little bit better.

Try and stay positive. Thats what its all about.

I'm a 14 year old boy, who basically had the exact same experience as you. i smoked one night, about 2 months ago, and had a good amount and had 5 or 6 beers, and woke up still feeling a little weird. that night the symptoms got really bad and i started feeling depressed and almost out of my own body, and then i had an awful panic attack which i will never forget, where i convinced myself that i was going insane or was dead and was imagining everything. The same symptoms of depression, awful anxiety, paranoia, confusion, and trouble with my short term memory stayed with me for about a month and a half and recently my anxiety, confusion, and paranoia has gotten better but my depression has gotten much, much worse. I always feel like crying and this is weird considering i always used to be happy and i was never really sensitive. anyway, i just want to know if things ever got better. in a way, i want to kill everyone who ever told me not to smoke weed for not telling me that this was all possible. "weed is less dangerous than alcohol." It's funny how alcohol never gave me suicidal thoughts.

He probably wont reply considering he posted this over a year ago, im sixteen and weed made me have a panic attack 7 days ago and i was depersonalized until i told myself it was anxiety and anxiety alone. I still suffer from severe anxiety but recently went to the doctor and he gave me zoloft for my Anxiety. Your depersonalization will go away u just have to keep hope, itz been 7 days and ive just been chilling and i feel 100 percent better

it's been 7 days for you, it's been 3 months for me. i've lost all hope, and i need to know if things got better for him, so i can have hope again.

Its been 5 weeks for me and I still feel completely detached from reality. I just want to go back. Does anyone know if this will go away?

its been 2 months for me I could finely eat depression and anxiety are still bad

I'm Sixteen and have been smoking daily for about 2 years, after a couple of months of feeling like a complete loser i've finally brought myself to stopping, so far its been about 34 hours since i quit, and right now its 6 am morning, im wide awake and i feel like an etheopian, from my personal experience with weed there is only one way for me to describe it and thats being a complete and utter headfuck, one minute im happy and the next minute im sad, all it does is just play with your mind, really hoping i feel better soon

hey i feel the same way :( it's been over a month now and i don't really feel 100 percent. I was better for a couple of weeks and last week i just started feeling crappy again. If anyone has the same issue please pm me so we can talk or something..

btw it was the first time i really smoked weed and i'm never doing it again, never. i'm not even going to drink alcohol anymore.

I know that this was over a year ago that you wrote that but it sounds so much like whats happening to me. My first time smoking weed was about a month ago and it was a horrible experience.. and now a month later out of no where i feel depersonalized.. even though i KNOW that life is real.. i just feel really confused and my heart wont stop pounding every time i think about it. It's the scariest thing ive ever felt. I've been reading about this all night and seeing people say "its been over a year and i still feel anxiety and depressed" is making me so scared that the feeling will never go away. its like i dont even know if the feeling is real... which makes it even more of a "mind f**k". Almost like while writing this i have de ja vu and are not sure why im writing it. please help if you can :( or even to just read your story to know im not going insane and that im not alone with these feelings.

Hey, mugen94 here, don't worry it'll disappear slowly over time. It's been over a year and I think it's pretty much gone. The only damage I have is something with my nerves, I think I somehow damaged them because at times I can't "feel" properly, all I feel is tingling and sh*t, it started that night when I smoked, but what the hell I learned to live with it. The best thing you can do is try to practice relaxation techniques and learn to not give a f**k. It won't only help with the anxiety and stuff but also with life in general.Hope I helped a bit.. Peace

hey guys, my name is ronnie. I began having these feelings of depersonalization/depression/anxiety after about 3-5 months of pot abuse and trippin on shrooms twice. I have read up A LOT on all of this stuff and it seems anxiety is the root of our problem. We constantly begin to worry about everything. When we worry persistantly, this causes the depersonalization as this is a common offshoot of anxiety. Then the constant worry and scary feeling of detachment from reality causes depression. Then, this vicious cycle repeats itself as we drive ourself absolutely nuts. After 2 months in on my recovery, I have come to find that if you can kill the anxiety, the others seem to subside. But don't think this is an overnight cure. It takes TIME. I'm still not fully recovered as I expect my FULL recovery to be somewhere up around a year. Its an uphill battle. But exercise and Omega 3 vitamins and fish oil seem to help.

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Same here im going threw the same sh*t as you, this sh**s been going for 3 months.