I have been experiencing sharp pains all over my body that last about 5 seconds. Then I won't have them for days and they will come back. Mainly though, I have had a very sharp pain on my left side just under my ribcage when I take a deep breath. This also goes away an comes back later. Is this normal?

I've been experiencing the same symptoms as you, sharp little pains everywhere and a pain under my left ribcage. I'm also having some neck tension as well.

Also experiencing the same thing, sharp little pains all over. Could be behind my knee, in my hands, in my chest, anywhere. I was wondering if it was a nervous system thing. Please post if you found out what this is or what happened with your symptoms. Thank you.

My boyfriend is having pain on his left side right under the bottom part of his rib cage. Too bad there are no answers to what this could be. He says it hurts more when he takes a deep breath. There is a sharp pain when he moves. If we had health insurance, we certainly would take him to a doctor. Does anyone know what the problem could involve?

Left side stomach, right side liver. his left side or yours? pain in the upper rib area on his right side is liver swelling. Is he a drinker? On the left would be the stomach...... lower esophagus ulcers? Gal bladder. try a liquid antacid maalox or some other brand.

Good luck :-)

I have also been having these pains, started in my arms, then ribs and now my leg but just on the left side. I have been to the doctors and he didn't seem to know what I was talking about so have just done aload of blood tests! How strange these pains are. I thought it was normal until I started to talk to people about it and then realized it wasn't, lol. Good luck in finding what they are. %-)

i have something like that but the only pain is in my lung or rib cage, i do not hurt anywhere else. when i was eight i started having a in my left lung. i still have it. it randomly comes and goes. i cannot breathe because it hurts, so i just stop what im doing and wait. it leaves me very tired. I used to have them about once a month, but recently i have been getting it about three times a week. i am not a smoker or a drinker. i am now 18 what is wrong with me?

Same here. Ive been having pains on my left side under my ribcage for about 3 - 4 months. They come and go, i wouldnt feel them for 2 weeks at a time, and then i would have a pain for about 1-2 mins. Its not a huge pain, but it's annoying and i want to know what it is. Ive been to the doc and he said i might have a blockage, so he gave me tablets to relax my colon. Ive finished taking the tablets now and i hope they worked. If not im going for an x-ray to see whats happening. Will keep everyone posted.

Finally, relief for all of you! I have sharp pain under my left rib cage that feels like my lung gets caught on my rib and guess what, that's exactly what the doctor told me is happening. Go to your closest chiropractor. Ask him to listen to your rib cage and take x-rays. Dr Edwards told me that it is very common and easily alleviated by realigning the rib that is out of alignment. He also told me that if someone had just taken the time to listen to my ribs with a stethoscope it would have been an easy diagnosis long ago. He said that it is caused by jarring your body at pre-teen age while the bones are still in their growing stages. It could have happened with out you even knowing. I've had this problem since i was in junior high and I'm 27 now. Finally, I have an answer. The chiropractor I use is Dr. G. Forrest Edwards (Hoover, AL - 205-989-4114) and he is wonderful. The diagnosis is Intercostal neuritis with lung fistula. I hope this helps you all.

What you are feeling is a short term asthma attack, I got them when I was a kid. Also right now it is allergy season, I recommand you talk to your doctor ask him/her if testing you for asthma can be done asap. One more thing it is summer, that is when pets shed more, mostly cats. Just keep that in mind if you have pets.

My brother had the same issues as your boyfriend there are county clinics and county hospital would take him; let me correct that any hospital will take him if you go in and I suggest you take him. As I was saying my brother had the same symtoms that lead to high fever and that is the only reason why I pushed him to go to the hospital because like your boyfriend he had no medical Insurance and used that as an excuse but I tell you they will take him in and most hospital have programs to help just tell them he has no insurance, no help. Well my brother ended up having what they call underlining double pneumonia, that turned into infection through his whole body I pretty sure thats what cause the fever and this infection turned into sepsis blood poisiong and many more things that came up during him being in a coma, yes, this is a true story just happened March 6, 2012 he ended up in the hospital a total of 64 days and is still recovering only by the grace of God he is here if you would like more information feel free to email me @ _[removed]_ to share more. I would take him and that goes for anyone reading this don't wait because not having insurance forget the insurance take them to the nearest hospital. If I hadn't taken my brother one more day he wouldn't have been here today. I'm so thankful and this is why its important for me to share. Oh and have them take exrays of his chest

Ok Guys, im 13 here.... This is cause of your GALL BLADDER. You see, it clogged up, causing it to fill with pus and POISON. Go to the Emergency room immediatly. If you dont, it will eventually burst then it will rot causing Death.

i have the exact same thing as you guys, i just turned sixteen yesterday and ive been having these pains for maybe  year now after my accident falling on my back during football, its like a cutting pain on the left side, i hope its nothing serious, and just needing of realignment.

Most Probably Spleen.........!