So basically the other day, me and a few of my friends were headed out to the beach. The bus ride there is typically 45-50 minutes long, although this time it was nearly 100 degrees and so many people were packed onto the bus, the AC had no effect and took almost 70 minutes. I was fine about the first half hour or so, and my friend had been complaining about how much her stomach hurt. There were no places to sit so we had to stand. A little while later, i started to feel nauseous after chewing some gum. It was that feeling where you didn't want any food in your mouth or you would feel worse. I quickly unwrapped the gum wrapper and spit it out. I started to feel really sick and light headed until my sight was basically gone. It was the same as when you stand up too quickly and everything goes black for 2 seconds (which happens very frequently) except it was much longer. I really wanted to just lay down and pass out, but obviously I couldn't. I couldn't hear very well either, it sounded like when you're on an airplane for too long and your ears become stuffed, or your underwater and everything fades away. I couldn't see and even when i held my eyes open (or at least it felt like i was opening them) i couldn't see anything. Occasionally I was able to see the outline or certain things but nothing else. About 5 minutes (it felt like it, no one really kept the time haha) i saw the outlines again and i said "I need to sit down" my friend had found a seat and moved over for me to sit, i eventually was able to see again and my friends had told me that my lips went as pale as my skin and held some ice water to my face and made me drink it although i had no appetite whatsoever. Maybe 10 minutes later we got to the beach and i couldn't really move so i sat on the chairs for another 10 minutes. After getting in the cold water, i felt so much better. I told my mom about this when i came home and she said it could be low blood sugar, although online it sayd dehydration (clearly) or low blood pressure? Anyone have any ideas as to what happened?

Hi Yeah,

It doesn't fit low blood sugar, I'd go with dehydration or heat exhaustion.  When you're dehydrated your blood pressure can become low and without adequate oxygenation you'll experience the side effects that you had, the black vision and funny sounds.

Make sure you drink plenty of fluids.  I figure you didn't because of the bus ride and not being able to urinate.

I don't really drink a lot and this happened to me today

Hi Holly,

You should see our doctor about this. It may be nothing serious but should be checked.

Good luck.

The exact same thing happened to me, but this was while I was in the shower. I thought it was just me, but it's slightly comforting to know that other people have experience the same. c: