Hey, I'm a 23 year old guy. I have been having these weird blackouts and I don't know what could be causing them so any credible information would really put me at ease. These have happened to me a few times. Never on consecutive days though. Here is whats going on...

It usually just starts with a feeling like an upset stomach, feel like I'm going to throw up. Then my head will get very hot, and starts to feel really heavy. Sometimes my chin will fall to my chest and I seriously feel like I can pick my head back up. My vision starts to go really weird, almost like the everything is melting and spinning at the same time. When this is happening I can focus on anything, like I cant control my sight. Then all of the sudden my head will get very cold, very fast. Then I start to feel very very weak and unbalanced, if I'm standing at this point (which I have before) I won't be for very much longer. I literally lose all balance and have fallen over. While this is happening my vision starts to close in on me, getting black. I can remember seeing the black closing in around the edges of my vision. This will continue until I can literally see nothing. Its like I'm blind, everything is black. If I wasn't setting down I am definitely on the floor at this point. I remember trying to get up or even crawl somewhere but I couldn't even control my body enough to do either. Then after a few minutes my vision starts to slowly come back along with my balance and then I feel fine.

I know some of these symptoms can be attributed to diabetes but I am not diabetic. I also know that stress and dehydration could cause some of these symptoms as well but I honestly don't believe those were the cause either. I drink a lot of liquids and I was never in a stressful situation when any of these "blackouts" happened. My mother passed away from a brain aneurysm when she was 36 and it makes me wonder. I know I am much younger than 36 but I don't know if those types of things are hereditary and it scares me that I might have the same thing. I would really appreciate any information on this as soon as possible because I am really starting to get scared.
Thanks

Hi Shane,

Is it possibly a aneurysm, maybe.  Is related to what happened with your mother, possibly, if it was congenital.

It almost sounds vasovagal.  Something triggers the vagus nerve and out you go.  It could account for the upset stomach, and the visual disturbances.

Regardless, this is just speculation.  You really need to see a doctor and describe to them what is happening in detail.  It's not just you to be worried about.  What if you black out driving and hit a bus or something?

Please see your doctor ASAP. 

Keep us posted, good luck.

Hey Shane,
My name's Chris I'm fifteen and have been having similar blackouts but not quite the same. See where you'd feel that sick feeling of throwing I have an intense almost light-headed feeling in my forehead then I'll get that same feeling of being unbalanced and (if standing)
reach for somthing nearby to hold me up or just straight up fall over. But with me these blackouts only happen two different ways, either Ill get that light-headed feeling and fall down and not remember anything, or Ill get that light-headed feeling and then not remember anything after that when this one happens Ive came to in different rooms of my house (including floors i once blacked out upstairs in my room and woke up on the floor in my basement) and ill have absolutely no recollection of going downstairs or entering different rooms. I have not told either of my parents because I just looked past it thinking I just dehydrated but now its become more frequent and due to how young I am its seriously starting to scare me Ill probably go see a doctor but if you find out what could possibly be wrong with me while your looking for answers then please reply, and anyone who can tell me what they think it is please if you have ANY thoughts reply to this. Thanks Shane i hope everything gets sorted out with you. -chris

ive had similar fainting issues; drinking powerades and gatorade help to provent this because of the b12 vitamin in them. doctors dont know why it happens but ur body is missing that vitamin. ive passed out serveral times from pain and this is the only way i seem to prevent it from reoccuring.