Praise God I found this site.  I bought my tempurpedic mattress Feb 13 2012, since then I have had an outbreak of little red bumps that itch like nothing i've ever experienced.  over two weeks it was everywhere, I would itch so insanely that I have severe bruising.  After a trip to my Dr. he put me on a steroid and a anti-itch med. no relief at all...then onto a Dermatologist who gave me a cortizone shot that was suppose to last 2 weeks along with a $300 dollar anti-itch steroid cream and advised to change all cleaning products.  Weel later no relief, actually got worse, then back to my primary Dr. and he said we have to rule out scabies and gave me the ointment to apply from head to toe....no relief, then onto an allergist...two biopsies, a one time dose of a parasite med, celac tested and thyroid and full blood work up...nothing...my husband and I woke up on a Sat. morning six weeks into this and both thought of googling the mattress.  Oh my gosh I couldn't believe how many people had this reaction with the exact symptoms, I am greatful that it wasn't as long as others.  I did contact Tempurpedic, you must talk to a suppervisor(I talked to a women named Faith) and they will return the mattress to my surprise. What an ordeal, I waited a year and a half to get this mattress never imagining that I would have this reaction.  My husband and kids did not have this reaction, I do believe it is more related to fairer skin types.  I am hopeful the itch will go away soon.

Hi there, could you let me know how you are getting on?

As an eczema sufferer when I broke out last August in swollen face and all over rash I thought it was a bad outbreak.

I have been suffering like this ever since and only last night did I realise I have been sleeping on a memory foam mattress my boyfriend brought with him when he moved in around this time.

I am just hoping this clears up now that I am going to stop sleeping anywhere near it.

I HAVE HAD ECZEMA ON MY FEET SINCE NOV.BEEN TO DR 5 TIMES NO HELP.I HAVE BOUGHT 15 PAIRS OF SHOES.STILL AN ICH .WHEN I GO TO BED NO PROBLEM 3 HRS LATER I HAVE TO GO TO ANOTHER ROOM TO SLEEP.MY HUSBAND DOES NOT THINK IT IS THE BED HE HAS NO REACTION.I WILL NEVER SLEEP IN THAT HORRIBLE BED AGAIN.WE HAVE HAD THE BED 2 YEARS THIS HAS JUST BEGUN. 

Please tell me it went away after you got rid of the mattress? We bought an extremely expensive Temperpedic Rhapsody Breeze King at the tune of thousands of dollars. I have gone through the exact same thing as you did..... Family Doc, to dermatologist, to allergist back to family doc and blood tests for the insatiable itching. I too have ended up with bruises from scratching so hard in the middle of the night. My skin is covered in the red dots, more like a rash on the stomach but on the arms, legs, back---- itching like crazy. Nothing on my face, hands or feet. This is still going on. I plan to sleep in my daughter's bed for a week and see if it goes away. What type of mattress did you end up buying?

Did it go away after you stopped using the tempurpedic? I bought a mattress just over a week ago and have been itching ever since it arrived. Discovered lastnight all of these posts and realize that I am not crazy it is the bed. Local store has offered $199 (we pay) toward a trade in for a comparable mattress. My husband hasn't had trouble with it, but I really don't want him to sleep on the bed after reading everyone's posts.

Angie (Itching as we speak)