I have a persistent problem with my eye lids. They constantly itch burn, swell, and are red. I only get relief through steroid ointments and cold compresses.
I do have allergies, eczema, and rosacea. I can get my allergies, eczema, and rosacea under control, but I can't get my eye lid problem under control.
My dermatologist has told me not to put the steroid cream on my eye lids because of the danger to my eyes, but it's the only way to get relief.
Please help!

I have been experencing the red swollen eyes off and on for 7 months now.. nothing seems to help. I use vanicream. This is getting to the point where my flares take alot out on me and I have a 2 yr old son and I want to be able to do things with him with out feeling burnt out. My moods are starting to affect myself and my husband. I just get so tired that i some times just need to rest. I just need more support.

Has anyone gone to a Chinese doctor? If so please let me know. I need medical help and I don't want to contiune to be on predisone.

Does it just itch, swell and go red or do you get any lumps on the eyelid?

I was tortured with the same problem for nearly two years, frantically searching for the answer, thought it was a continuing allergic reaction to something. The only relief I got was from steroid creams, oral steroids and multiple shots of prednisone when it would get really bad. Turns out that what multiple doctors thought was an allergic reaction was really being caused by the treatment they kept prescribing to "get it under control".

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use