This post is an extension of the

Severely Itchy Hands And Feet( Blood Pressure ?) thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

My hands and feet have started itching for the last three days.... always in the mornings, but now the evenings have started too.

Having read all previous posts, it has provided alot of help. I'm going to go and buy some Claritin later.

I can track a few things that have changed.

1. I've stopped taking Claritin for my hay fever for about 1 week.
2. I've been eating some honey roasted cashews every night for the last few days.
3. I used a Viatek Ionic Energizer detox foot spa treatment about three days ago.

Not sure if these are the problems... but thought I'd share my suspicions. I'm off to get the Claritin now.

I have read through ALL these posts hoping and hoping SOMEONE would mention some relief. I have talked to my dr about this before and they looked at my foot but had no suggestions. Athelet's Foot is not even close to the itching that I endure plus, I have no symptons of that fungus. it can be impossible to sleep without putting pressure on my foot. The itching can be so bad!

Recently I have been taking zyrtec and I noticed the itching has almost gone away so it must be an allergy but what? Then, the other day I ate some cashews and that very night the itch was back. I really think it is an allergy related issue but havn't had testing to find out. The other thing I wonder about is could this be a circulatin issue? Circulation changes at night so could this be an issue related to that?? Iron or mineral related? I don't know but have wondered the same things. I am leaning towards the nuts maybe even peanut butter too but not sure...If anyone has an idea of why allergies appear in our feet?

I have had this for going on two years. I am not allergic to anything and have had multple blood tests and seen a dermatologist, but to no avail.

I take one 10 mg loratadine and two ibuprofen every morning.

For the most part this keeps the itching and pain under control. If I stop taking this the symptoms return within 48 hours.

All,

Ive been watching this thread for about 6 months now trying to determine what the cause of my/out itchiness is. Unfortunately there isnt enough info to track a common cause. I've been troubleshooting this problem for over a year now and wanted to know if any of you can relate to the following:

We have a front-load washing machine. I have read MANY posts on the internet about bacteria and mold building up in this style of machine.

see http://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/lg_washing_machine.html

or even do a google search on it.

My next step will be to do all our laundry at my parents (they have a top loader) but getting everything washed at least twice will take a while.

Anyway, if people could respond if they have a front load washing machine, that would help.

I too have the same midnight itchy palms and feet. I visited my doctor and they told me I had neurodermatitis... gave me some hydro cortisone cream and sent me on my way.

Except... the cream didn't work which is why I am up at 5 AM and not sleeping.

My case started about 2 1/2 years ago after I had surgery...

Some of the neurodermatitis info relates to me, but not all! The doc said it was a stress related itch... but I don't feel stressed so I don't know...

Sorry this is not a solution for it, I have the same annoying thing my hands and feet itch a lot, it feels like a burning sensation on the palm of my hands and feet, the only way I feel relief is putting my feet elevated, I guess the blood got to do with it, I also started a medication for acne 3 weeks ago ( monocycline) one of the side effects is itch, but only 4 days ago I started with the symptom.
For the user that asks the question about the wash machine, I don’t have a front loader machine.
I'm going to go to the doctor and if he finds a reason for this I will post it.

I just recently started having the itchy hand syndrome as well. The skin on my hands is peeling and my hands feel very different. I feel like I am loosing my finger prints. My hands are starting to feel very smooth. I do suffer from bad athletes foot, so I thought maybe the bacteria from my feet transferred to my hands, but after reading all of these post I don't think so. I used the Kroger brand foot cream for my feet and the itchiness went away down there, but my hands do still the random burst of fiery itchiness. I may try the cream on my hands as an experiment.

After following this thread for all 10 pages, the best hypothesis I can come up with is that the itching is circulation related. Why else would it happen at night and right when I wake up?

and it almost never seems to happen during the day when I am active. I will be monitoring the symptoms the next couple of days to see if I ever get them while I am active.

It is due to a decrease then increase, or increase then decrease of blood flow, sitting for long periods then moving around letting the blood flow more, moving a lot then sitting on something hard enough to slow blood (like plastic chair, wood chair) try sitting on a bed or laying down. if your hands keep itching try soaking them in cold/warm water, if one does not work try the other.

I get the same thing, my hands start to itch, i start to rub instead of scratching, rubbing can sometimes help because it wont spread as fast (at least for me it helps) cause scratching will scratch open skin causing it to spread more.

When it happens to me my hands itch, i rub them and it just slowly gets worse, same for my feet, it gets so bad that rubbing does not help at all so i do scratch but that is when I go for the cold/warm water, my hands and feet get red and start to swell up and most of the time they get really warm (even without scratching or rubbing), I used a thermometer (one of those electronic ones that only go to about 120FH) if its tested on something exactly 120 or higher it says high, 90 or lower it says low, well i used it on my hands and it said high.

I'm so glad I found this thread. I thought I had some deadly disease. Anyway, I'm only 15 but recently (this monday) I been getting the itchy hands and feet syndrome. My foot started to itch at my friend's house, at first I thought it was just a mosquito bite, but when i went home my hand started to itch too!

Over the next few days, my hands began to become really itchy. And whenever I scratched them, tiny little bumps which became blisters would appear. My feet also have become like this. Recently I was sick with the flu and a cough. My mum said I could be allergic to the medicine but I'm not sure.

I really hate going to school now.

I'm 20 years old and I also get itchy hands and feet. It happens very randomly. I first noticed it almost two years ago in the shower and it started on the palms of my hands. I know, I know. I thought maybe it was something I was using in the shower that was new, or the water temperature however it happens randomly now even when I'm not in the shower still on the palms of my hands and near the heel of my foot and it itches SO BAD but then it goes away. I would think it was allergies because mine are very bad but I see an allergist where I get two shots a week of specialized serum AND steroid shots for follow ups. I'm starting to suspect that it really might be a circulation problem. My point is, I'm going to see an internist and hopefully get some answers to this annoying condition and I'll be back with info!

I've been getting itchy hands and feet for a couple of years now. It always happens after 10pm. Some nights it doesn't happen at all. It's mainly my hands. What I've been doing is lathering them under stinging hot water. That usually resolves the issue for the night. But I might have to do it 2-3 times within the hour.

I do this also with my feet when they act up. But they don't act up all that often, just occasionally.

With the hands it can be after I've gone to bed, or before I go to bed. Sometimes I wake up in the wee hours with my hands itching. When that happens I make the mistake of thinking I can just ignore and go back to sleep, but it keeps me up until I finally have to go to the sink to soap them up with really hot water. The water has to be hot enough that I actually have to force myself to keep them under the water until I finally have to yank them out in pain. But then the itching stops.

The feet aren't nearly as bad as the hands.

I have no idea what this is all about; Can't afford to go to a doctor over it so I just endure it. It feels like mosquito bites and when I've washed my hands sometimes my hands get so red from the heat and then I sometimes can see white areas through the red that actually do remind me of bug bites. If I only experienced this condition when I was in bed I'd probably get a new bed. I have looked over my mattress for evidence of bugs, but there are none.

I too suffer from itchy hands and feet. Once I start scratching, I get small, water-filled blisters in the area. There aren't many blisters...maybe 10 in the entire area. I have scratched so much that I have scars, especially on my feet. It seems to me that I have a problem with my own sweat, and I think this is the cause. I have had problems in the past with watches stopping because of excess salt crystals, I was even tested for cystic fibrosis when I was young, so maybe that's the reason for the itching. Why on just the hands and feet, I don't know. I don't even bother taking it to a doctor, any time I've mentioned excess salty skin, they think I'm crazy. Nice to know that I'm not the only one with the itching problem. Now if I could only verify the cause and find a treatment or way to prevent this, I'd really be happy.

I have figured out what caused my itch hands and feet. A couple of months ago I started drinking the lemonade pakets that you put in water. They contain aspartame, it took about 6 weeks before I got the itch hands and feet. I stopped taking the aspartame about 10 days ago and I am jusy about back to normal. If you are using anything with aspartame I suggest to stop for a week or 2 and let your body detox and see if this helps you. There is no way 0 calories was worth the hell I went through with the itch. Here is some more info on aspartame:

http://www.sweetpoison.com/aspartame-side-effects.html