8-|
Hi, I am a 23 years old white male, slim body. I have no allergies or diseases that I know of.

This started happening to me a couple of years ago I think, and I've never figured out why. It happens a few times in a year (maybe 3-4 times at most).

For some reason, the skin between my hand fingers gets itchy one day, and the next day I see little tiny bubbles start appearing on it. Usually, as the days go by, the bubbles start getting bigger and skin becomes really hard and dry.
Eventually, the skin starts peeling off (sometimes changes colour a little bit to yellowish) and then I'm back to normal again. This whole process lasts about a week or two.

I am not so worried because I know it goes away, but still, I wanna know if it's nothing serious or if I should be worried about it. (I'm too scared to consult a phyisician!)

When it first happened, it was only on my left hand, but now it started happening to my right one as well, but it never spread anywhere else but my hand fingers (in between them in particular, never on the palm side)

This never hurts, and the skin that gets peeled off is very thin (I guess the outside layer only). I think it has correlation with temperature changes, especially here in Canada where one day we have -20 and other day + 20 degrees Celcius. Also, when I'm washing my hands with hot water (not with cold), it really itches like crazy.

Please help me feel better by telling me that it's nothing serious, I'm too young to die! (I'm still a virgin!) XD
Is this a disease or just some kind of allergy, or maybe bad hygiene?

Not sure, but the "yellowing" drying up and going away makes is sound like flat warts. I'm currently trying to figure out what they are also. I get like 1 or sometimes in rare cases 2 tiny clear bubbles that show up at the base of the finger or between the knuckle area. Like yourself they appear only occasionally through out the year.

KYON:

I am a 22 y/o female, and this happens to me as well. Exact same thing you described. Looks like little tiny red bumps, itchy, and a clear liquid inside these bumps (not all of them have it) and then they dry up and peel, sometimes in many cases it peels and cracks real bad and then hurts. In mild cases, it just looks like tiny red pinpricks that itch and then go away. I have had this since I was young and so I have had time to research it. I have found that it is called pompholyx, also known as hand eczema. It only occurs on the palms, fingertips and in between the fingers and isolates itself there. There are cases where it occurs on the feet as well. Don't worry you are not going to die. LOL. It is not contagious, or dangerous.....just really annoying. There is no cure for eczema, but many ways to help stop the itching. It is best not to scratch it as well because the more you scratch the worse it will get, the harder it is to stop the flare up, as with many things. It will eventually go away, but it will always come back. There are many causes for it, excessive sweating, fungus anywhere on the body (it doesn't need to be near the pompholyx), temperature changes, even a dish soap or laundry detergent. Do a little research on pompholyx and get back to me.

SUPERDAVE:

It is the same thing you speak of but an extremely mild case. That's how it started for me years and years ago, just a few bumps here and there. There is nothing to worry about it just gets annoying and itchy :-(

I have the exact same thing happen to me. It is extremely itchy and irritating, and I'm embarrassed to even hold hands with my boyfriend. I went to the dermatologist and he gave me a prescription for eczema, but it doesn't really help all that much. Unless I use it strictly and consistently, the irritation always comes back. I have bad cases about four times a year, the rest of the time it's pretty mild. Being a college student, though, it's really hard to keep up with the prescription and then the reaction flares up.

I really hate it, and I really need to know if there is anything else that can be done about it. It's inhibiting my life, and I just want it to go away for good. I never ever had it as a child, but then one dry winter season my fingers itched terribly, and ever since that one time, it occurs quite often, usually seasonally. I just want to go back to not having it at all. PLEASE help me:(

I have this on and off over the last couple of years, I found by putting nail polish remover on the affected areas, the itching stops, and the bumps settle then disappear fairly rapidly - bit of an unorthodox cure but it seems to work better than expensive creams.

It sounds like dyshidrotic dermatitise. You can look it up on the internet. Basically its a skin condition that they think its genetic. Unfortunely, as far as i have found, there is nothing you can do for it. I have it too and it drives me insane sometimes because it itches like crazy and then when my hands peel i feel so embarassed and it looks really ugly. You can't give it to anyone, its not contagious.

Dyshidrotic dermatitis thats another name for it yes....No there is no cure unfortunately, but if u find one PLZ DO TELL :-) I have been looking for a cure to this for many .... many years

I JUST started coming down with this the exact same time as my girlfriend. I know everywhere says it's not contagious, but I'm inclined to believe otherwise. Literally less than a week after she started getting them I did too! No one else in either of our families has these little itchy red bumps either.

They're like permanent bug bites, what kind of hell is this? :-S

Hi everyone,

I just want to let you know that I've had this happen to me - little bubbles on the hands and feet, especially around the fingers and toes, you pop them and there is a little hole, they happen every so often ( I think around my period they happen more often, but my doctor seems to think I just notice it happening more then) and I have a treatment that works very well for me.

Hydrocortisone cream. Over the counter, maximum strength, hydrocortisone (get in in any drugstore) cream. My doctor prescribed a topical steriod cream to use, and that works fine too, but the over the counter stuff works just as well for me.

If these bumps are as annoying to you as they are to me, I would suggest that you give it a try. It's especially effective when you see them coming on (you know what I mean, when you flex your hands out and you see the start of those obnoxious little bumps) and just slap on that cream as fast as you can. I've been able to stop any outbreaks that way. It's nice to have my hands and feet back.

Hi guys

I have the same problem for many years, now the only thing works for me is Desonide Cream 0.05% it never goes away. Also I took something called pregnosone I cant remember the name for sure. I only take that for 3 weeks when it gets really really bad. I wish there was a cure for it.

I have had this also for the last eight years. I too notice it around my period like someone else stated. Of course, this wouldn't make sense for guys so I'm not sure if it is truly related to that. It is awful. I don't feel pretty and I'm embarrassed to show my hands to anyone. I feel for all of you because I too know what kind of hell this is. Mine gets really bad a few times a year but I get it about once a month. I can say I didn't have it hardly at all when I was pregnant. I hadn't thought of that before now, I wonder if that the extra hormones would mean something?

Dishydrotic eczema. Wash your hands much less frequently, use moisturizing hand sanitizer instead. Use fragrance-free lotions WITHOUT stearic acid (i.e. Neutrogena Swiss Formula). Hydrocortisone cream (the white stuff, not clear) a couple times a day, wear cotton gloves after application for twenty minutes or so.

It sucks. I feel ya. But I avoid handsoap and only one of my fingers broke out this summer - and it doesn't itch! Good luck, man.

I get this just about every summer now....It started in Greece where I would spend my summers...only happens in the summertime. My aunt is a pharmacist and gave me a cream (twice a day) and it is a miracle. It clears the bumps or the dryness (depending on what stage you are). I can't seem to find it in the states, but it's called Flixotide cream by GlaxoSmithKline. The active ingredient is Fluticasone Propionate .05% 30 grams. I am sure that you can buy this in the U.S as well, just under a different name. I hope this helps, as it appears that this is a huge problem that a lot of people are not familiar with.

Mine is similar but with a small twist.

It always starts around now (August) and will go for a couple weeks, sometimes into September. But I will notice its only on my index finger on my right hand and always starts not with the red dots others have described but with a callous that starts down inside the finger and slowly works it's way out to the outer layer of my skin and eventually peals. It'll last about 2-4 weeks from there. It's not painful though my skin does crack and sometimes it interferes with my golf game =D but more than anything it's embarrassing.

I'll try washing my hands less often but it's hard to do since I think I'm addicted =D

I had this problem a couple of years ago. i realised that it only really occurred after I'd been using cleaning products (washing up liquid, bathroom cleaner etc). I switched to eco products and now wear gloves when I'm cleaning and the problem has never come back. Hope that helps!