It is 6 weeks since i had THD surgery...I can mow do my normal things but i still see some hemmies and when i go to bathroom in morning i go soft because i take one stool softener at night but i go like 2- 3 times....What i like to know is it normal to have some itching and a bit of burning after going and just how long does it take for the hemmies to shrivel...I am beginning to think this operation was not sucessful and i am back to square one. My main purposeof getting this was to get rid of these hemmies on outside that were causing me issues and the surgeon said he didnt tie up las plexy because people found it to painful and they should shrivel and retract..He gave me crteme which started to irritate me so he told me to switch to witch hazel.Does anyone know how long that takes?I been drinking water and doing what i was suppose to do ...

Solie~ It'll take a couple more weeks for things to become more normal. My Dr. sutured up as much as he could without putting me in pain. I believe (when I look), my hems are getting smaller - it just takes time. Although, I did go in and have RBL on one skin tag that came out. However, the band came off and I have to go in today to get another one put on. It was not painful when they did it or afterward. Who knows what it will be like today - I'm hoping for the best

P.S. I'd call the Dr. and ask about the protruding hems ... let us know.

I did ask the surgeon and showed him and that is what he told me that it takes time for them to retract and become smaller and smaller.I guess not knowing how long this whole proceedure takes is what is so frustating and iknow i am done ..I read on many boards alot of stuff being done rectally predisposes one quicker to anal cancer so whatever the outcome i am not doing anymore lol...Do you still take a stool softener map? I am on colace taking one every night and Doc said was okay was thinking of stoping it at 2 months...I hope all goes good for you sounds like you been through so much yourself....

Solie, just came from the Dr. He said another banding won't help the skin tag. Now, I'm going into the office July 14 for him to cut/suture the skin tag. Yep, I know ... PAIN, but at least after that 'the thing' will be gone and I won't have cleaning problems. Anyone have advice?

Yes, I still take a generic stool softener.

I heard skin tags don't cause any pain and is this a result from the operation? I am wondering if this is what i have or because he didn't bring up the bottom its taken and will take long time to get smaller and smaller. See i went to a regular surgeon because the rectal surgeon here wont do THD so i do not even know if a regular surgeon will do banding or what your having done Map....I am beginning to think i am going to be living with this nuisance and should just accept it and be thankful it isn't anything worse. I mean i can make another appointment and go back and have him look again pay another co payment but i have this feeling that he is going to tell me what he did before as in all in time....I mean seriously i wont go through any more operations down there . I know a friend of mine had bad hemmies and she got these shots and they went down and she has fine for over 2 years just don't know where i live would find that...Seems all they want to do here is standard cutting and the THD surgeon seems to not know as much as i though he would know as i went into this thinking i be fine in 2 weeks and i am fine in sense of i can do things but i still have some burning and itching at times after i go and i go alot so don't know if that is reason and i see hemmies at times them sometimes i see them barely...

Hello, I was wondering how long it took for your hemmies to disappear in the end? Did you have THD for internal hemmies? I had the surgery 3 weeks ago for large prolapsed internal hemmies, and although they are smaller than before, they're still there and still prolapsing. Is it just a case of giving it time?

Hello, I was wondering if you had THD for internal hemmies? How long did it take them to disappear for you? I had the surgery 3 weeks ago for large prolapsed internal hemmies, and although they are smaller than before, they're still there and still prolapsing. Is it just a case of giving it time? I hope so, because at the moment I feel like it's failed and I'm back to square one and just want to cry!