I have this pain in my head when I make sudden movement. It is like a headache but I also feel like my face is swollen sometimes. Anyway, I was wondering does anyone knows what I am talking about. If anyone experienced sudden head pain upon movement I would like to hear. Thanks.

Not all headaches are the same, many headaches also cause other unwanted symptoms. There are different types of headaches. I am suffering from sinus headaches for years and I think that your symptoms are symptoms of the sinus headaches. Two signs for sinus headaches are pain intensifies with sudden head movement or straining and usually occurs with other sinus symptoms, such as nasal discharge, feeling of fullness in the ears, fever, and facial swelling or/ and deep and constant pain in the cheekbones, forehead or bridge of the nose.

I don't think I've ever had a headaches before. Im 20 and for the last couple of weeks I've been getting head pains on the right side of my head and behind my eye whenever I make certain movements, i.e. drying my hair or walking.

Recently I have also had a sharp pain located on the left side of my head when I make a sudden movement. It only lasts a few seconds but it is very painful. This concerns me and I am wondering what this could be caused by. Also my eyes have been extra sensitive red and sore but I don't know if the two symptoms are related. Does anyone else have these symptoms?

KMH

Hi. I have also experienced acute, burning head pain with certain sudden movements. The pains are mostly in the back of the head (left side) and the sharp pain lasts a few seconds, but I'm usually sore for a few minutes. The first recolection I have of these pains is when I was about 9 years old, playing basketball. I am now 27 and I have experienced this pain approximately 5 times, yesterday being the last, while I half-way turned my head fairly quickly. It concerns me a little. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

Guest wrote:

KMH

I am dealing with the same issue. Left side, a few seconds, very painful, from sudden movement. I have also had the same issue with my eyes and they have been tearing up all the time as well. I have been to the docs and was told it was cluster headaches. from what i have read on cluster headaches I think the doc is wrong. cluster headaches are often on one side of the head and cause the eye issues we both have. But they last a long time and there is nothing about them being caused by movement. For me, there are also other thing that cluster headaches cause that I'm not feeling.

Do you take work out supplements? I know thats a odd question but I have a theory that my headaches may have been caused by a certain supplement. I would like to know if we had something else in common that we could stop doing if it was the cause of this.

I have the same exact headaches. You turn your head suddenly or some sort of movement, and on the back left side you get a sharp headache that only lasts for a few seconds. I do not however have red or sore eyes. Also, i do not take any sort of supplement, so I think there are other causes. I have no idea what it is though, and just like ya'll, it concerns me too.

I have the "turn your head suddenly" headache as well and would love to know what the heck it is. I've experienced it from childhood all the way to adulthood, periodically, several times a year. I'm 34 currently. Sometimes it's worse than others. Today I had one that was MASSIVE. Mine is on the right side of the back of the head, and it feels like hot liquid radiating up the back of my head. It's awful. It doesn't last long, but after this one I had tonight, my head still feels pretty sore.
:'(

i have also for the last few weeks been getting these pains, on the left side of my head to the back, when i suddenly move my head, even very slightly, and its really sharp but with a dull ache at the same time, which lasts for couple of minutes. im getting them a few times a day and its not pleasant so if anyone has any ideas as to what it is it would be appreciated. cheers

Same thing! It's usually when I turn my head to the left and it shoots up from the base of my skull like a warm rush. My face sometimes feels swollen as well, like my eyes will be pushed out. I'm twenty and have had them for at 8 years that I can remember, usually about 10 times a year I'd say. I want answers! :-)

Guest wrote:

I have this pain too--I don't get red or sore eyes, I don't take supplements, I don't have a stuffy nose, and I don't think I have cluster headaches. I really have no other symptoms, though the doctor said I had a slight fever. I have not been able to detect any kind of fever since then.

I have a history of both migraines and tension headaches, but this is unlike anything I've ever felt before. It is not light-sensitive, I am not nauseous, and it is not a like any of the symptoms I get when I have either of those types of headaches.

The headache had very rapid onset last Friday (a week ago). I felt as though someone had hit me in the back of the head (right side) with a hammer. That would be the best way to describe the pain. It is not throbbing, but stabbing. The pain generally occurs when I move my head and then subsides as quickly as it came. It is severe and has kept me up at night. I've been to the doctor and he is ordering tests. Due to insurance complications, I'm hoping to find a solution before spending a lot of money on tests.

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

I am having headaches almost like this. However, mine occur on the right side of the head and stay with me the whole day. They're are not sharp headaches or extremely painful, but the generally flare up when I stand up and move around. When I'm sitting or laying, they completely leave me. Its definitely strange, but I think a lot of this is due to sinuses and the drastic change in weather. Plus, I had a panic attack the other night and this headache appeared right after that, so I'm thinking it could be stress related also.

I'd really like to hear any progress you might have had. I tripped (without falling) the other day and since then have had a severe 'flush' of pain in my right temple every time I turn suddenly, sneeze, bend down etc. It lasts only a few seconds but is enough pain to make me wince and sometimes cry out. I have a history of migraines but this is nothing like that. If it persists I guess I'll go to the doctor but am reluctant if it is no big deal.

It sounds like many of these may be "ice pick headaches". About 40% of migraine sufferers get these...sudden sharp stabbing pain on one side of the head, could be in the same areas associated with the individual's usual migraine pain. The pain is very brief 5-30 seconds. It would be wise to have a doctor check you out to be sure there is no underlying disease causing the pain.

kourte wrote:

YOUR POST COULD BE MY POST. THE EXACT SAME ISSUE AND SITUATION. DID YOU FIND OUT ANYTHING FROM ANYONE?