I'm 18 and for years I have experienced severe headaches. They start randomly and really have no common trigger. When I mention them to my doctor, as I so often, he shakes them off and blames them on my eyes and stress though I wear my glasses daily and I'm not stressed. I also have sharp pains in my left temple that basically stop me in my tracks. The pain they bring when at its worst has made me cry, and crouch on the floor where ever I'm at when I get them. Following the pains I get a headache that no matter what will not go away!!! Just this morning when I woke up I got a pain and have had a headache since, it's now almost 7 pm. There is a history of blood pressure and migrane issues in my family. 3 yrs ago my mom had an aneurysm fixed with surgery and my sister get migranes so bad they cause her vision to tunnel. I would just like so info that will help me stop or lessen my headaches before they become a bigger problem.

Now I'm no doctor, but what you're experiencing sounds to me like all the symptoms of a migraine. And given your family history of migraines, I wouldn't doubt it. I also have had problems with migraines, but mine are triggered from severe anxiety. My grandmother also has a history of dealing with migraines, and so does my mother. And like you describe, the pain begins in one temple, a severe piercing pain, followed by an intense headache. Do both sides of your head hurt during the headache, or just one? 

If you haven't, I'd definitely recommend telling your doctor about the pain in your temple, followed by the headaches. If those aren't the first obvious signs of a migraine, I don't know what else it could be. He should really put more concern into it, such as performing tests to make sure everything is alright with your brain considering your family history, not just shrug it off like that.  

I also experience the same, I press my left temple as hard as I could unil the pain stops.