I have been experiencing twitching a little behind the left temple on my head. I have had this since about April. It comes and goes for no particular reason, believe me I have tried to pinpoint something it is associated with but it just does it whenever. Back in April I had a tooth removed and have always had problems with my teeth. I also had my gallbladder removed. The twitching doesn't feel like a normal twitching like when your stressed or nervous but almost like a bubbling feeling. It is then followed by or accompanied with pressure down to my jaw and sometimes pressure in my sinuse cavity on that particular side. I just recently went to the dentist and had another tooth removed because I thought it might have been the culprit. I asked the dentist about it and he said he thinks it is the nerve that runs throught there, and I have also been to my family dr. who took a quick look in my eye and ear and said he saw no signs of swelling or anything of any kind that would put pressure on that nerve. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Its not sore just annoying and one of the weirdest feelings ever, and then the pressure that follows doesn't help. Every once in a great while if the twitches were bad I will get a slight pain there after it goes away, and putting pressure there will sometimes ease up or stop the twitching. Let me know if anyone has any ideas? Or if you think I should be worried?
Thanks

I'm experiencing a similar thing, a twitching or tingling follwed by pressure in my right temple that spreads over my forehead and has made my jaw a little sensitive. Its really random not painfull just annoying! Went to dicci docs yesterday who thinks its inflamation... i questioned whether it was my sinuses yet she said if that were so my nose would be running! I recently had laser eye surgery this summer and 2 months ago i was put on FML a mild steroid solution .. that's when the daft tingling started! Anyhow the docs suggested brufen and to come back in a week if the pain is still there ! Anyone else got similar symptoms -- its just a really weird thing to have!

I just wanted to say that I have the same symptoms, however one episode of the bubbling sensation was so severe and scary that I went to the emergency room. Supposedly it's inflammationm but as we know and inflamed brain is nothing to dismiss. I would encourage you to be proactive and make sure you don't have a tumor, infection, etc.

I have the same symptoms, started about a week ago. I am not on any medication, or suplements of any kind, and I did not go thru any surgery or dental problem or work. I am a little stressed, but I have been more stressed in the past and without this symptoms. Did you find what was causing your problem? Did you get rid of it? I hope so, how?

headertone wrote:

I have been experiencing twitching a little behind the left temple on my head. I have had this since about April. It comes and goes for no particular reason, believe me I have tried to pinpoint something it is associated with but it just does it whenever. Back in April I had a tooth removed and have always had problems with my teeth. I also had my I have the same symptoms, started about a week ago. I am not on any medication, or suplements of any kind, and I did not go thru any surgery or dental problem or work. I am a little stressed, but I have been more stressed in the past and without this symptoms. Did you find what was causing your problem? Did you get rid of it? I hope so, how?

I'm getting this weird pressure on my left temple that comes and goes and its very annoying...it doesn't hurt but the pressure is very noticeable...My jaw has been hurting me on the left side too so I'm hoping it's from that and nothing serious

I have also had the problem for the last 7 years. The left side of my temple is pulsating daily and some days becomes a migraine. When the pain is bad it feels like on one side of your face you have the bubbling feeling, the jaw line hurts, sometimes the left nasal gets blocked and the left ear also hurts. I have been to the Dr on numerous occassions and tried many types of drugs. Currently I am taking Amytriptyline which has made the migraines less frequent but I still have the pulsating bubbling feeling. Amytriptyline is mostly used as an anti-depressant so does have some horrible side effects, especially when you stop taking it, but since I had endured the pain for so long I was willing to try anything.
Ihave also been to the opticians who said there was something strange with my eyes as I am long sighted in one and short sighted in the other. The dentist referred me to an oral surgeon at the Royal London Hospital who suggested that the problem was a TMJ (TemporoManibular Joint) disorder. There are many websites that give more information on TMJ and the symptoms of the disorder. One of the sites I have been on to for more information is http://www.healthandgoodness.com/health/tmj.html

hey everyone I get the same symptoms i get twitching all across my forehead and a real creepy crawley feeling across my forehead it also feels numb from time to time its very anoying and i also have frequent headaches and a knot in my throat i have been under a lot of stress this past year i was audited by the irs that was enough to put my body in overdrive believe me i had a ct scan it was normal and all blood work was normal too. so i hope it is just stress and anxiety and i hope there will be some relief in sight for all of us sufferers chow

Hello.....to all, I do not know how to post, so please forgive my ignorance. Thank you for posting your experience with the "bubbling/spasm" type feeling just past the temple (right side of my head). Like all of your experiences, this bothersome "thing" comes and goes and is not painful. Tonight, however, it has given me twinges of pain, very small amount. One of you advised that you applied counter pressure by pressing on the bubbling area. I did that and could actually feel the area pulsating. Very strange feel and at times it sure makes one wonder what really IS going on. Am an old lady, older day by day...smile.....when younger had terrible migraines, always on the LEFT temple and side of head/face/eye as those type of headaches go. This bubbling feeling is most certainly not migraine related, in my humble opinion. IF someone does have an actual "verdict" per se' from a dr., PLEASE post so we all may benefit from it. THANKS........Tyedye

Hi I used to suffer with that all the time on my left side, it comes very occasionally now but only the occasional twitch. i had been to see sooooo many doctors and dentists (i also had a tooth removed because i though it would help - i was experiencing a HELL of alot of facial/jaw pain aswell - continuously). Two things helped firstly an osteopath who explained how the neck, base of skull, sutures and muscles all fitted together and the pressure they can create when unaligned. Aftr her session i was clear headed for the first time for ages and she really reduced my tinitus (which had been getting worse over a number of months). Second after ages thinking my sinuses had nothing to do with it as i had not runny nose or no snuffly nose i realized that actually i did have sinus problems as when i inhaled only through one nostral (check by pressing the other closed with your finger) it was really hard to take in oxygen. Ny left side was worse than my right. so basically those "comman" symptoms of nasal problems are not just it. my trouble was that i couldnt get any "snot" out of my nose - it WOULDNT run not even when i had a cold so it just built up in my sinuses and caused immense pain (and also ran as catarrh down my throat when i was asleep). So i took a nasal spray called nasonex which alleviated 8 years of face pain!
anyway i suggest checking both these things - and i can heartily heartily recommend and osteopath - in my experience more than a chiropractor as they deal with the muscles as well as the spine.

Hey all, I've been dealing with issues similiar to the ones you guys seem to be having and I might have finally found a working solution. Before let me list the problems I was having in the order in which they came:

About three months ago I was hospitalized with numbness in my arms and legs and heart pains. I was released after two days and was told it was stress related. After a couple days, those symptoms went away and new ones began. These symptons were less worrisome, and more annoying than anything.

1) Weird tingling behind my right eye. A feeling that something was crawling from behind my eye, to my temple. This was happening alot and was really annoying.
2) Difficulty concentrating, because of the tinglging feeling.
3) Trouble sleeping, the tingling and pressure would get worse at night, making sleep difficult.
4) Started getting very short, and mild headaches, usually on my right side, or back of my head. Sometimes the headaches were short and severe.
5) More constant headache that would not respond to medication, and sensitivity to light.
and finally the last sign that helped me figure out (or at least I think i figured out) what's wrong
6) Difficulty swallowing after eating, and constant eye and other muscle twitching.
7) Elevated heart rate at times.

I was getting very annoying because no one seemed to know what was wrong. Any tests came back negative and only thing a doctor would say was that it was stress-related. Finally I found a decent answer online, actually on this site, and the answer was Magnesium deficiancy. If you are like me, and are busy with school and/or work, you sometimes can go streches without eating properly. Magnesium is not present in a lot of food, and if your diet isn't balanced, deficiany can occur. Other things can cause it like going on a diet. I read online that it is not reccommended that someone starts Magnesium without consulting a doctor, but my symptons were getting so bad that I couldn't wait for my appointment. I went to the store and bought a 250mg bottom of Magnesium. If you are deficiant you're supposed to take llike 1000mg, four pills at once, and then one pill every day after. I was afraid of any side effects from too many magnesium, just in case that wasnt the cause of my symptons, so i've just been taking one pill a day. It's been about 4 days now and all of my symptons have either gone away, or are lessening each day. I have no more eye or muscle twitching, my concentration is almost fully back. The tingling sensation is rare now, and becoming less apparent every time. The headaches are less constant and medication does work on this now. My sleep is getting better (Magnesium deficiany can cause insomnia, I'd reccomend sleeping on your side, for some reason, it helps.) And my heart rate is normal.

I'm entering Day 5 and feeling so much better. I hope this helps people!

Im getting the same thing, exactly the same. Did anyone find out what was wrong with them?? Thanks.

Im glad to have found this forum, I have had almost identical symptoms on and off for over 2 years now and I thought I was the only one. It doesnt help that I have real difficulty describing my symptoms but 'bubbling and twitching' is exactly what it seems to do. When I lie on my back and try to sleep, it feels like there is a pressure around the top of my left eye socket and if i press on this i can feel a sensation that runs back the the roof of my mouth. Looking on sinus diagrams online it does seem to match up with sinus trouble, although often the sensation runs right up the left side of my forehead and can even travel to the back of the left side of my head. I also get a feeling of 'creepy crawlies' which feels like they are walking along my left temple. Again if I press any of these areas, I can feel a sort of strain in the roof of my mouth on the left hand side.

It isnt painful but is extremely annoying, especially when I am trying to sleep. It also plays up worse when I am particularly tired. Its so strange and if anyone does ever find out what it is could you pleaseplease email me

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

yes i,m going through exactly the same symptoms, twitching..bubbling sensation around left temple' eye area. actually went to the doctors yesterday and he wants to take blood tests and recomended eye test. i am going for a retinal exam at optitions. suppose like everything its process of elimination till get to the root of problem.

I also got similiar problems.. The throbbing/pulsating feeling around my left temple area.. It kinda makes me feel weird "like unbalanced" at times.. My left nostril seems to be stuffy when this happens, and slight neck pain on my left side.. It does also affect the left side of my jaw.. It doesn't hurt, but very uncomfortable/annoying feeling.. I'd appreciate ANY suggestion.. I am a 35 yrd old male.. It's been happening the past couple yrs, and the Dr's have "no idea" whats causing it.. Thank you..