Hi! I have been reading through this site a lot, and now I am beginning to think that I am a CH sufferer. I’ve been treating my headache pain as sinus problems for months now, but now I know that isn't it. I feel I have all CH symptoms!!! So, my question is: I have this awful pain which awakens me at night and it is located in my right temple which usually twitches. I also have pain which radiates to my teeth as well. Anyone here share these symptoms with me??? I’m scheduled to a neurologist next week since I ruled out sinuses and I was wondering weather there is any other advice for dealing with the neurologist?

I've had very similar problem. I’ve had pain that feels like a knife stab which starts under the eye, slides down a nerve in my nose and hits my teeth. Who knows, maybe these nerves are connected!? The temple twitching also happened very often and I have no idea what causes it. My doc did not find out why eighter…

Hello i woke up one night with a wierd twiching in my left temple it felt like bugs walking inside my skin after a while it went away and i went back to sleep. after that i have had a mild headache on top of my head in different spots come and go.

I've been having the exact same thing--and would describe it the same way, as bugs running under my skin. It starts while I'm asleep (on my left side) and wakes me up. After I roll onto my back, it goes away after a few seconds. I have also gotten sharp pains in the top of my head during the day. Do you have any clenching or TMJ problems? I am wondering if my clenching at night has something to do with it....

I have the same thing going on....my left temple twitches...like a heart beat/pulse type thing then all of a sudden goes away...happens randomly...work/home sitting/sleeping....anyone know what this could be?
milty456@gmail.com

I also have a wierd twiching in my left temple it also felt like bugs walking inside my skin after a while it goes away. it happens for an hour or so at a time and has happend mabe 6 times in the last 3 months.
If i put my hand on my temple i can feel it moveing around once every 1-20 seconds. its realy kinda gross

Any info would be nice.
I wonder if it has to do with Caffeine\Stress?

It's good to see other people have these symptoms as well. I was getting very nervous when it first happened to me. I was at work when it first happened. I was drinking a iced coffee with espresso in it. I thought maybe it was the caffine, but I don't think that's the case. It sometimes happens in my right temple as well. I kind of feel a tightness in the side of the head and also sometimes it seems as if my ear is blocked. It goes and comes I hasn't seemed to get worse. One night it twitched a lot and I became very nervous hoping that I didn't have a tumor or some sort of incurable neurogical disorder. From the little I've seen browsing the internet it doesn't seem to be too serious, if it was I would have found much more on the subject, no?

Also I have slight headaches in my temples once in awhile and at the top of the head, which I've seen someone else mention.

I wonder if it has to do with air quality or humidity? Or some sort of allergy. Hmmm.

Oh and that bugs crawling in the head feeling. That's exactly what it feels like and I would have described it like that to someone but thought I would have sounded crazy. I kind of thought there was something really there for a day. I think I was just being paranoid.

Anyway I'm going to the doctors in a week I'll bring it up to him and we'll go from there. He'll probably recommend a CAT scan or something, from what I've been reading the doctors don't really seem to have an answer for this.

Dear Guest,

What did you find out from the doctor visit?

He didn't seem worried. He said it could be stress or lack of sleep.

My temple still twiches now and again, but now I get pains in the left side of the head. Nothing too severe just aches actually. Around the back of the ear and higher, feels like pressure or tightness. Sometimes I get similar symptoms on the right side of my head as well. I've looked up some information on TMJ and I have some of those symptoms as well. So I'm leaning towards that, I'll have to get X-Rays at my next dentist appointment for that. Also that's the first thing my doctor asked me, when he looked into my mouth. It might be related to that.

I just hope it turns out being TMJ.

what the heck is this going on? i am experiencing this temple twitching and it feels like bugs crawling AND I get headaches!

I don't know what this is. Should I take it seriously?

I have TMJ, I was told about it about 7-8 years ago. I get headaches, pain in my teeth so bad that I would go to the dentist and it had nothing to do with my teeth. The doctor told me that if you open your jaw all the way and then close it and you feel a clicking or almost like it may lock up this is a sign of TMJ. Now I know what it is, and when it flairs up I take a couple of Motrins and in a couple of days its gone. When it starts it feels like you are getting an ear infection, then one side of my nose feels hot when I breath in, I get headaches, I cant even touch by where the lower and upper jaw meet.. The cold weather also effects my TMJ. I found this website because I just recently started getting the Twitching in my temple and it is driving me crazy.... I grind my teeth at night so I think I may be more stressed then ususal. I hope this info help some of you, you helped me by talking about the mysterious "Twitching Temples", I feel alot better and now believe it must be some new symptom to my TMJ.

I have this twitching pulse in my right temple. It really drives me crazy!
I can put my finger on the area and when it twithes it feel like a bubble.
Does anybody know what going on with me! I've gone to 2 different neurologists one told me to check out tmj. also with this i have had dull headaches also when i touch the area it will become sore in the area that i touch in the temple. pulse feels like the vein is bubbling twitching just feels irregular can anybody help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one with this disorder. Both my temples twitch, mostly my right, like boiling water. Sometimes the pulsating is in rhythm with my heart beat but often it's twitching sporadically and bubbles at will. I feel pressure in my head and get slight headaches and have the creepy-crawly bugs thing going on. These latter symptoms also caused itching on my scalp and were my primary concern. My doctor simply told me to change my shampoo and brushed it off as schizophrenia, but now that I have my temples twitching out of control - and OTHER people can feel it too, I know I'm not crazy. It seems a lot of people are having these symptoms and yet there are no postings of the causes or medical advice as to what to do next. I want to know whether to get a CAT scan or MRI, which one would be better? Also, my guess is a stroke is on its way or I got a tumor, however I'm not a doctor and I don't want to scare anyone and I'm only 22 years old - too young for a stroke I think. If anyone has any information please post.

Yep, same here. Bugs crawling, ear feels blocked, temple twitches, weird pain or pressure all around the face and head at random times.... mostly on the right side though. and....

I had a spaz attack after I drank two huge cups of coffee and didn't eat for 16+ hours. I probably have food alergies or other dieting disorders (possibly diabetic) too, so that doesn't help I'm sure.

So... What the heck is it?! it's really creeping me out.

I have been having the same "bug feeling" for some time. It came after a had a pulsing in my temple when I found out I had high blood pressure. The two symptoms were spaced out by about a month or two. I talked to a doctor about the pulsing but not the "bug feeling". I did have an MRI down about a year ago and there was nothing picked up then. Like some others on here I am leaning toward TMJ. I won't know if that is my problem for a while because I can not afford to go to a dentist.

Either way, in addition to the "bug feeling" every once in a while I will get a sharp pain in my temple. I have also had other sensations on the top of my head but usually never anything from my right side. I have also had other twitches and muscle spasms. The spasms have lessened in recent months and might not even be related. I don't know what to do about it because I have been to a few doctors in the last year for various things and most can't give me good answers to most questions. A lot of problems are just speculated to be related to my blood pressure.

If anyone here knows anything that would help or knows any doctors who know what this is, I would be very great full to hear from those people.