For the past couple of months, I have been experiencing strange neck pains stretching from directly above my left clavicle traveling all the way up behind my left ear. Along with these neck pains, I have a terrible ear ache and constant popping in my ears. Sometimes, I get the feeling that I'm going to pass out. I'll start to hear a ringing in my ear and lose almost all hearing in my left ear. The pain also increases as this happens. Aside from one incident, I can usually shake it off, but the symptoms continue for up to ten to fifteen minutes. I'll get really bad shakes and jaw clenching(shivers), very high body temperature and sweaty palms and feet, really thirsty, loss of feeling in certain parts of my body, heart racing, foggy(almost dream-like and blurry) vision, muscle spasms/twitches particularly in my neck, an odd pain/tingling sensation just above my molars and wisdom teeth(almost like it's inside my gums, maybe my sinus cavity?), and horrible brainfog to where I can hardly think for myself. I've noticed that since the first episode and after each one, more and more white hairs seem to be appearing on my head. I even found my first white hair on my face just the other day. It's almost as though the circulation is being cut off to my brain.

These symptoms occur almost daily ever since I started seeing a blur in my left eye a few weeks before my first episode. The strange blur was in my eye for about a week, and at the end of that week, I passed out in my bathroom, waking up seconds, possibly minutes, later with a broken toilet, seeing colors, and having no clue where I was. I have only fully blacked out just that one time, but it has felt like it was coming on countless times since then. I usually just shake it off until I feel well enough to stand up and walk around without fear.

I've been to the doctor, thinking I had an inner ear infection, and they said that I have very little hearing loss and no signs of infection or fluid build up. My sinuses are also fine, but I feel constant tightness and fullness in my head. Sometimes this turns into headaches. I've had two hospital visits, five visits to the doctor, and a visit to the nurse at school all in the past two months. I've had an EKG, ECG, and an MRI done, and everything has shown up just fine. My blood pressure is fine, and from what doctors have told me, my heart is also fine. My last two wisdom teeth were just pulled two weeks ago, and it got rid of the ear aches and popping for a few days, but they came back recently.

Could it be a clogged artery? Could it be my heart? Could it be my thyroid? Could it be stress? Could it be anxiety or panick attacks?

I have a cardiologist appointment in four days, and I am going to make my first visit to the psychiatrist soon since my doctor, an ear specialist, and doctors at the hospital tell me I'm perfectly fine(except for maybe some slight paranoia and dehydration). I'm not sure if it's thyroid related(my mom has hypothyroid;I read somewhere that thyroid disorders uncommonly cause white/gray hair growth), if it's heart related, or if it's anxiety related at this point. It seems to occur more frequently when I'm thinking and obsessing about it constantly. I'm not sure if these symptoms are a harmful to me in any way. My doctor seems to think I'm fine. Any help?

I have had the same trouble as this person has had. The pain is in my ear than it started in my back teeth, than my temple area. Than tonight I have noticed while using my sleep apnea machine I think the pressure is making it worse. As if my sinus is blocking the pressure of the machine. I wonder if I am not breathing out enought air? The Doctor has not seen anything wrong with my ear also. I did have a cold. The Doctor thinks maybe I picked up a virus infection from the swimming pool that has infected my ear, something to do with the nerve in my ear and it has hit my jaw and temple and my hand just like below with this person. I thought I was going nuts. It is so painful. Hard to discribe. like someone sticking knifes in my temple and ear. And nothing is wrong with my teeth. I wonder if it has anything to do with my sleep apnea?
If anyone has any answers please feel free to answer thanks. Lets hope we can find the problem.

Sounds like you have an inner ear infection that is easily treatable with really inexpensive medication. Even without health insurance you can afford ear infection meds. Just go to your local clinic.

I have been having the same problems for almost 11 years. It started with headaches everyday. I have headaches, neck & shoulder pain, & ear pain. I also had constant ear infections. I went to doctor after doctor, and even tried physical therpy. I went to a new ENT and found out that I have TMJ. Go see an orthodontist, they can help.

i had some teeth surgery 2 weeks ago today.on the bottom of my mouth but all of the pain is coming from above. i am having these same probs. the pain is absolutely excruciating. i am on antibiotics 1750 mg a day. yes believe it! and yet i dont seem to have the sinus discoloration u normally get with an infection. im all clear. i feel like somoen has stuck a stick in my ear, twisted my temple bone, very tip of my cheek bone radiates around to the back of my head now. i have a cramp? that is radiating downwards in the side of my throat/neck muscle. my 2 fingers are numb, my ears are ringing. and difficult to hear. i am having some of the most scariest "visions"??? i have one eye (same side of alll probs) that actually hurts even as i blink. its becoming darker? my temp lowgrade fevers and below normal temp,shaky chilllike but its 85 degrees in here (turned the air up) heart seems to be skipping, then thumping and im doggone starting to get scared by it all. and yes my top back teeth fricking feel sore and squished. oh yea the roots of the last one happens to be in my sinus cavity but oh welllll cuz my dentist aint touching me right now. i dont think i want to be touched anyway. sorry guest i get inner ear infections and know what they are like, they do not make you foggy in your thoughts only dizzy, and that is usually whe u put your head back or lie down or move it too quickly. it reminds me of when i had concussions though only problem there i didnt hit my head on anything!!!! just sitting in the dentists chair and no its not my tmj either.....so anybody???????? i would really like to know what the heck this is.!!!!!! i am SCARED it might be something serious like a blood clot or something. i have been taking 2 narcotics prescribed and 600mills of motrin every 4 hours for 2 weeks now!!! could there be a fracture maybe and its not showing up. i have small bones and break bones very easy(once broke my foot by a stupid flex shampoo bottle falling on it) any help would be so appreciated im sick of going to sit and wait at the drs to looking like im some id**t who has nothing better to do than hang out there bawling my eyes out in PAIN when nobody knows what is wrong!!!!!!!!!!! please sompbody help us!!!

ok i went to the dr again today
good news
well as far as the FINALLY knowing whats what so now we can FIX it

had a catscan no breaks, no fractures etc
no infection either
blood work also done and the dr gave me a diagnosis and info to bring home and know what i am dealing with (this review was last updated on may 2008)

and the best part a treatment has been started for me.

this pain is from trigeminal neuralgia (tn)
it comes from the 5th cranial (t) nerve

this nerve is the sensory supply to the face and sensory and motor supply to the muscles
there are three major divisions:
opthalmic
maxillary
mandibular

whatever they mean i only know its alot of pain and it is connected to the nerve in the skull
and yes you can have these symtoms even for years in some cases

causes:
it is compression of the nerve which leads to symptoms of demyelination
how it results in this is still unclear

in my case i have a demyelinated disease : multiple sclerosis
BUT it can happen to people without ms also

i am having an mri done next (as i stated in above post)
they want me to do it next week but after i found out the rest of what i am going to add im sure you will see why i dont want to wait that long!

this can be a mass lesion, a tumor, or compression by an aberrant loop of an artery or vein(this is thought to account for 80 - 90 % of cases)

now i dont know what these mean so forgive me but i am going to list them just the same. cuz if someone out there sees this they can at least look into it and maybe help them the dr help you too! here goes

other causes of this nerve compression include:
vestibular schwannoma(acoustic neuroma),
meningioma,
epidermoid or other cyst
OR rarely a saccular aneurysm or arteriovenus malformation

ok now i have aneurysms behind each of my retinas in my eyes....
waiting another week while going thru this is not on my option list as far as i am concerned.
ms or not!!!
i want to know for sure i dont have something waiting to blowup in my head!

anyway, just wanted to let u know what i found out about this
and will post back if anyone is interested.

this can be brought on by dental procedures

uhhhhhhhh that would be me again

owieouch

Please write back, i am interested since i am having very similar symptoms... I'm pretty scared and my husband thinks i'm just panicking!

I don't really have any insurance at all...so i would probably have to go to the emergency room....how did you handle all that? what did you tell them so they actually started doing your tests and everything...?? please post back...

Yes Owieouch
Please let us know what has been found and how you are.
o.O

I have so many of the same symptoms for years now.

started with pain shooting in the back of my head and these headaches that felt like migraines. they would happen after i worked out.
then i started getting clogged ears.
then i developed a pain up my right side from my neck to my right ear, constant pain
then i got my rick cheek twitching.
one after another over the course of about 8 years or so, andI am stuck with all of them. went to ENT doctors, got MRIs, xrays, went to a chiropractor, nothing has helped. it has depressed me and made me lose hope. i hate being in pain, and it feels like i cant live. like i have lost 8 years of my LIFE to this. i need to find out what it is, cuz the doctors dont know and dont seem to care. i had a smart aleck doctor who just wanted to give me shots to numb the pain, but wouldnt figure out what was wrong. what a jerk.

After reading all these posts, all the symptoms listed by all posters are what is referred to as radio sickness and is caused by radio radiation and electro magnetic radiation.

Punch "radio sickness" into the Google search engine and you will get enough to read about such.

Then punch in "danger of DECT phones"!

Then punch in "dangers of Wi Fi".

I am sure you will get enough information of why people suffer from so many undiagnosable illnesses and get treated for anything, but nothing with drugs.

Also, dental problems is also causing unnecessary root canals and dental restoration through caps and amalgam fillings. The problem is the radiation from all this stuff is proliferating the airways.

Best of health.

I have blood coming out of the middle ear i dont know what it is.
I think it is because i hit my head hard onthe wall..
CLUMSY ME!
LOL!
BUT AT THE NIGHT I CLEANED MY EAR WITH A CU TIP AND I BECAME DEAF..
AND MY EAR WAS BLEADING 2 WEEKS AFTER
NOW I HAVE A EAR SPECIALIST FOR IT..
Im scared could it be my ear or brain?
Im only 22 years old.

Mate, if you have blood coming out of your middle ear, then you need to see a doctor.

The biggest thing that you put into your ear is your elbow.

It's obvious you have done some damage, and you don't go around belting your head into a wall.

Get to a doctor quick!

Steady Eddy wrote:

anonymous wrote:

CLUMSY ME!
LOL!
AND MY EAR WAS BLEADING 2 WEEKS AFTER
NOW I HAVE A EAR SPECIALIST FOR IT..
Im scared could it be my ear or brain?
Im only 22 years old.

Get to a doctor quick!

I have must of the same thing, going on for six months with nubness on left side of face but no ear ache. MRI shows cerebra arteries are not a normal wavy, they are like snarled. Still going to doctor to doctor will turn myself into the VA on Thursday, the headache have beat me to giving in.

I am having "Neck Vein Pain" on the Left. Im was always on the phone for so many years, I was using my left ear when ever im using mobile phone. Now I strongly feel that it is bec of the cell phone bec now when im talking on the phone using left part of my ear for long time, it starts paining more... but when i switch the cell phone to right side of the ear the pain is reduced... wht kind of pain is this... pls help... any suggestions would be appreciated...
Any help????