I have been reading some posts and I wanted to ask a question. I am 18 years old and female and I also get chest pains. I usually get them under my left breast and it's like a sharp, throbbing pain, that spurts in rhythm of my heartbeat. it only lasts a few minutes and it comes and goes between the span of a few days and sometimes I won't feel it for a week or so, but they are starting to come sooner, a friend said it could be a gall bladder problem, and from what I have read it could be a gas problem, but i am just worried, because of the pain it causes, when I touch it it gets sore and it also seems to make my heart thump harder and faster (although this could be just because I excite very easily and I am frightend when this happens) . I also work a lot and am constinly stressed, could this also be why?I hope someone can help me, I am not too sure of family history but cancer in in there along with some depresion issues but that has nothing to do with the sharp throbbing chest pains. Thanks -CG

I started getting those same sharp pains when I was 17 or 18 years old. My doctor told me that it was caused by stress. I'm now 28 and still get them but now it will happen under either breast or over either breast. I don't believe that it's stress because they happen with no rhyme or reason. I really hope that you can get a better answer from your doctor

I am 24 years old and have been having the same pains around my left breast. Tehy come and go just as you have explained yours. I took some diet pills a few weeks ago and was concerned that they were the cause, but I haven't taken them for a month now. I am still having the pains, and it does hurt when I press on the area. I would love to hear about anything you find out.

read this
failedsuccess.com/index.php?/weblog/comments/precordial_catch_syndrome_chest_pain/

i have the same problem, i am 26. i have had the sharp pains since i was about 17 - 18 years old. i read that someone said it might be from the gall bladder... mine is gone and i still get it. i dont believe i'm a person who is stressed a lot, if there is any stress at all. i have talked to my mom and ob/gyn, and they both pretty much said ' welcome to woman hood" lol. i havent found anyone with answers. i have gotten test done on my brests, heart and everything, and all is fine. i was worried at first, but now i just keep going. it's doing it now matter of fact...lol.

I had my gullbladder removed two years ago due to meal changes I went from a pure american family to eating only mexican food when I married my husband, ever sense I can eat without getting sick. With stomach cramps and diarhea. If any one has any idea on what it could be please let me know, because my doctor seems to just give me the run around saying eat small meal all day long but that does not work because it could be just a little bite and I will get sick.

i have had the same problem.. i am 20 and it started off everyonce in a while now its like all the times.. did u find any answers to what it is?

i am 16 and have been having these pains also.. and ive been getting them at random times and it hurts really bad and i cant stand it. I didnt really worry about it until recently when it hurts to breathe deeply after taking a jog or touching it even hurts.. it feels like my rib is jabbing into my body and hurts really bad.. Any one else been to the doctor and gotten a different report

that is so crazy that other girls know what i'm feeling! i seriously thought i was having a heart attack or something..haha.

i'm 20, and these pains started happened about a week ago. really intense, SHARP pains under my left breast. on a scale of 1-10...they get up to 9's for sure! its awful!

buuut i just talked to my doctor on the phone and he was like, 'oh, it's got to be your gallbladder'... so i feel so much better. that sounds better than a heart problem! i'm going to get everything looked at tomorrow, so maybe i'll post and let y'all know how it goes.

When I was 16 I was suffering from annorexia (I suffered for many more years but this was the age that I was at my lowest weight and was put in hospital for 4 months).

At this low weight I suffered chest pains under my breast just like you have described. I mention it because some of you say that you are under stress and are trying diet pills. All I know is that once I was a healthy weight an not putting my body under stress, the pains went away. I remember them being unbareable. PLease please please see a doctor if this at all relates to you. At the time I didnt think I was sick, underweight or that my problems were even comparable to others. I knew I had issues but I didnt think they were serious enbough to talk to a doctor about. I didnt want to be a hypercondiact. I also was not ready to give up the only thing that I felt in control of - my eating habits. I knew if I talked to someone then I would loose this control. I thank my mum every day for putting me in hospital and not taking my sh*t. Im lucky. Talk to a doctor and go on the facts, not what you think.

Guest wrote:

read this

I can't believe that other people have experienced the same as me! lol i thought i was the only one.

I get the sharp pains on the left, directly under my breast.

I find that if the pain comes during the day whilst wearing an underwire bra, the pain gets more severe.

I went to the doctor before about it and he told me it was stress and prescribed me something to help me relax (not a sedative).

I usually always have pain as a 10 (on a scale of 1 - 10). I am due to go to the doctor again on thursday morning about it. I had a pain last night, and my pains have been getting more and more severe. If im lying down at the time it feels like im going to die, i come out in a cold sweat and cannot move for the pain. I did notice during my episode last night that it started when i was lying on my right hand side...

I found the link above very useful to describing my chest pains, although im a little disappointed that there is no solution to the problem. This affects my day to day life - i have to stop working, eating, breathing, driving, walking, running etc. when i get this pain.

When it has gone i do get a dull ache which lasts about 5 minutes.

My actual pains can last up to 20 minutes, maybe more if i timed them!

Is there anything useful i can do to help prevent these pains?

Im 19 and a size 12-14, so im not massive and i am in good health. I exercise regularly.

I would appreciate any comments.

Cheers

Nadia

i am a 26 years old, just recently been getting this sharp, stabbing pain under my left breast, close to rib it feels like also my rib is going to rip thru my skin "very very intense pain" it's been 2 full day's it hurt's all the time does not let up, what scare's me the most, it is hard for me to breathe, when i take a deep breathe, it a sharp pain, also when im just standing or sitting, i don't have to be doing anything & the pain does not let up.......

im a 26 year old woman

i get these pains too and i feel helpless . tried to tell my parents and thr both doctors so they just say its stress. but it doesnt go away . under my left breast i get mild pain but my heart starts beating really hard i can hear it and feel it in my throat and beating out of my cheast. and then i feel a bit dizzy. how can i get rid of this. i think im dying. help

Im 16 years old and i get that throbbing, but I feel no pain... Its just like my heart is over working or something and it beats erratically above my breast. I have to keep a hand on it to steady it. Its really scary.

-nadia