Can somebody tell me what throbbing down the shoulder and arm could mean? I am 38 and never had no health problems before but it is been for days now I started having this throbbing down the shoulder and arm sensation and I am pretty much concerned over this situation especially since this morning for I started feeling serious dizziness and nausea. Do you think I should go see a doc for this throbbing in my shoulder and arm is kind of related to my weird heart beating these days?

If I were you I would see a doc right away and have some ECG especially regarding this throbbing down the shoulder and arm for to me it sounds like you are in risk of getting heart attack. My dad had it last year and I remember he was telling me he started first having this throbbing down the shoulder and arm – and that is why I advice you go see a doc – that has spread on whole his upper part of the body including even his jaw and teeth and finally he started feeling dizzy and having nausea and vomiting so I advice before you come to this point you better check this out for this throbbing down the shoulder and arm could easily be some early sign of heart attack.

While there could be many causes, have your cervical vertebrae X-rayed. When I crushed mine, I woudl get pain down my arms and shoulders when I turned my head to the side. If you get the pain while turning your head, DON'T turn it anymore. keep it straight forward and get to the hospital.

I am having problems when I lay down to sleep my right arm and hand feels like it goes to sleep and my fingers feel like they fill up with blood and are very tight and painful. My arm gets a deep throbbing pain and I have to get up and walk around with my arm in the air until it slowly subsides. It tends to be the right arm most of the time. The left arm will hurt a little less. This is the second episode I have had. The first one lasted about a mouth or so. I end up sitting upright to sleep and that is very hard to get very good sleep. I have no idea why this is happening but if anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.
Thank you,
Kelli

You guys figure out what was causing this throbbing pain?

It sounds to me like a pinched nerve

I'm feeling exactly the same thing for the last two days... wish there was an answer here... throbbing pain down right arm all the way down to my hand, fingers and all! I'm also 38, no health problems

what is it? cause i'm having it too and i'm still 22. i do physical training a lot and i'm in good shape.

I have this pain in especially my left arm, but a little in my right, I smoke and whenI quit smoking it almost went away, go figure, I started smoking agian and it is back, I am trying to quit again. hopefully I have figured it out, we will see. It takes time to go away.

I experienced numbness and tingling in my arm and my primary md sent me to a physical therapist.   They had me do simple stretches that helped push my disc back towards the center and relieved the pressure on the nerve. They also gave me back stretches that greatly relieved the pain of a torn disc for which pain meds and rest did nothing.   When a good friend was waking up in the night with throbbing arm pain and experiencing numbness I recommended she try therapy before the her md suggested surgery.  She's so glad that she did. The stretches took care of her pain!  You have to keep doing them periodically to prevent a reoccurance but they aren't taxing. 

I'm having the exact same problem. Did you ever find out what it is ?

It is based on the nerves in your cervical vertebrae that go down into your arms. I have a bad neck and have had issues with them including throbbing in biceps pain in the shoulder etc. Physical therapy helps loads. Quick test, hold your arms out palms up, lift your chin and turn your head (like you are looking up and over your shoulder. If you get the sharp pains in neck radiating down an arm that nerve is pinched or compressed.Physical therpahy helps. Sleeping if I roll onto my stomach and my head flexes back it gets worse and wakes me up

I have pain in my shoulder down my arms to my hands on both sides is it fybromyalga

I had the same problem for months on my left arm before I went to an ortho doctor and after having an EMG, found out I had carpal tunnel syndrome and needed surgery. After the surgery, I had no pain and STILL feel no pain! That was 5 years ago. Unfortunately the same symptoms have started in my right arm. I'm seeing the same doc in a few days and hope it's not carpal tunnel, but if it is, I'll have the repair done ASAP. It can be done under twilight sedation and the results are amazing! I realize your post was a year ago, so I hope you've either taken care of the problem and feel better by now, or, if not, read this and consider CTS repair!
Best of luck to you!

i am 37 and i also have trobbing pain down my right arm too arm and after the pain finially lessens my heart beats seem to be wiead or feel diffrent to me i also have a rotatior cup should i go to hospital