I have been experiencing pain in my left temple for the past two days. It feels like pressure/squeezing. It is isolated to my left temple and maybe a little bit in my left cheekbone. It is almost sore to touch - feels a little bruised when touched. The pain is nearly constant - occasionally lets up for a few seconds and then returns.

What could cause it and what could relieve it?

I have the same thing but on my right side did you ever figure out what is wrong????

it could be a migraine, headache. if it feels like its a band across your forehead, it could be a tension headache, or if it feels like its situated around your eye, it could be a cluster headache, etc. if its in your temple, is say it could be a migraine. migraines can usually last between four to 72 hours and be extremely painful, including light, sound and touch sensitivity, along with irritability and nausea, vomiting, smell sensitivity. etc. i would suggest taking some excedrin migraine, it usually works well and fast. if it dosent help and the pain persists, see your doctor.

I have recently been diagnosed with migraines. The pain often starts in the mid forehead and then to the right side of my head, going to the back of my head. Pain in back of my eyes, pressure on the side of my head. Sometimes light bothers it and other times it doesn't. I haven't had the "auras" some people speak of. I had one Sat and Sunday, but not today. But, today, my right temple is very tender to the touch. My doctor put me on Relpax, a medication for migraines. They are expensive if you don't have insurance (around $140 for 6 tablets) and you can only take a maximum of 12 each month. Makes me a little nervous taking them due to some scary side effects, but they do make the headache go away. It takes up to two hours to ease the pain, but they have worked every time I've taken them over the past 3 months. I think I must have had migraines for several years, thinking they were sinus headaches--sometimes, they start as though it was a sinus headache. But, I have taken sinus med and Ibuprofen, waited and hour with no relief. Then, I will take the Relpax and the symptoms do go away. So, you probably want to see a doctor about them. My MD did have a CT of my head done, just to make sure nothing else was there--tumor or aneurysm. I have a great MD, thank goodness. Good luck.

Hi I hope you have found an answer to your temple pain.
I've been suffering with pain in my left temple for the last 7 months it's constant and very localized. I've had 2 MRI's, a MRA and CT scans as well as being checked out by a dental specialist for jaw issues. Yesterday I saw a second neurologist about this problem who stated that I'm suffering from nummular headaches. The nuero said that these headaches can be reactive to anti-inflammatory meds and told me to take 4 iburafen a day for the next month (more if I want to exercise) and if this is not effective then he will prescribe heavier meds that apparently can be quite toxic. Anyway if you do a google search for nummular headaches the description will tell you if this is what you are suffering.
I've been doing a bit of research over the last few months on headaches and there seems to be a bit of research that claims Botox is effective in the treatment of migranes and nummular headaches - if the anti-inflam's don't work I'm going to ask my neuro about this option as it seems less risky than the meds he was talking to me about the name of which I can't remember.

I also have sharp pains in my left temple. It hurts when I move my left eye. Do you experience this, too?

I have had this as well. I have no idea what is causing it. but it comes and goes. It has been going on for a month now. I thought it was tension and stress. So i have made myself relax but it still doesn`t go away. I have tried mucinex, ibuprofen, keeping the nutrition i need and nothing has helped. I need this pain to go away. My left temple hurts as well as my jaw at times. It pops like crazy sometimes. then the back of my head hurts as well not that often though. I think now i will try exedrin. Please help if anybody has had this happen. I might have a feeling its my wisdom teeth coming. I don`t have them yet and I`m 23 years old.

A number a decades ago I got pain in my left sinus that was literally debilitating. I used to take Sinutab and it would help. I went to a number of specialist and learned nothing except my left sinus was larger than the right one and I had a polyp growing in it.

It did not bother me again until last week, I am 58 years old . The thought of the pain coming back scares me. I looked in the drug store and I didnt see Sinutab and I dont even know if they make it anymore.

I had one Doctor prescribe cocaine in a nasal solution, it didnt really help very much. I am currently trying Sinex and hope it works.

With your jaw popping you could have TMJ, and should be seen by your Dentist this can cause headaches.

What is causing this pain?

:'( I've been having a severe pain in my left temple that will "Not" go away. This has been going on for 3 months straight. Every once it a while it will ease up just a tad bit. It feels like the vein ? on my left temple is about to burst. The pain is not in any other part of my head. This wakes me up out of a dead sleep. When I wake up in the mornings. Sometimes it does feel like my head is in a vice grip. I don't have a Family Doc. I'm scared but yet hate to go to  the ER because the last time I went. They were rude. Several months ago I was going through some severe body pain. I was like a worm in a bed of fire coals.Was getting No sleep at all & constantly crying. I suffer from Fibro & a back pain.  Well when I went to the hospital. I felt like I was stereotyped when they seen I was taking pain meds, and thought thats the reason I was in there. This get's so frustrating.  I had back surgery & still suffer. I had  a head on collision with a 18 wheeler several years ago. Just was wondering what could be causing this pain in my left temple & was wondering if anyone else has had this.

Same pain left temple 2 months, cats can, MRI negative, it is mild but when temple touched by finger, wind, it feels like shots of pain. Neurologist unsure what it is, when I asker if it could be neuralgia she said she hadn't thought of that, now I'm confused and want this to go away.

I have a left temple pressure that came on strong but only lasted 3 or 4 days before a move back home a year ago, it disappeared until february. Where it reappeared on a particularly stressful day as a pressure, it continued off and on and has now migrated to the left cheek bone as a tingling and to the top tip of the left ear as a mild burning. The pressure now has pain that accompanies it. I observe myself living and stress induces these symptoms, but once it "turns on" it seems like a few hours before it turns off. I don't want a scan because I believe they will come back negative as so many posts have indicated symptoms that seem worse than mine. I want to understand this better. Did your problem start as pressure and turn to pain as well?

I too am experiencing which seems to be a vicious hostile pain that comes on so intense its alarming and i've read these posts and can only feel the fear of these folks voicing themselves to the medical community searching for answers and virtually being almost not taken seriously. My God the pain is so intense it frightens me i'm 49 with young children, i hope i can make it home to them, i've been away.

Did your pain start as a pressure or is it a burning, tingling?

Now, My mild pain/strain starts almost entirely in the vein by the left ear (anterior), then migrates down through cheek-bone and left side of face. I can say that caffeine almost always makes it worse as does difficult emotions that tighten the breathing (i.e. anger, irritation, anxiety). A relaxed approach to exercise improves the condition as does conscious breathing :) good luck man, be good to your heart