Hello. I'm 39 year old male and I'm really worried for my health. For all my life I was very healthy and at soon as something happen to me, even trivial, I become very frightened.
Listen what’s happening to me! About three weeks ago I have first time noticed that my left temple area is twitching. It was pretty strange for me but I didn’t pay too much attention on it because it stopped soon after. About ten days ago I have felt it again but now it is happening more often along with some abnormal movements of the whole face on that side. Can someone please tell me what is going on with me?

I really don’t know a lot about your condition but I'm pretty sure it is about some facial nerve disorder because you have all the symptoms.
Twitching of the temples, face skin weakness, and paralysis of the face are symptoms of a disorder involving the facial nerve.
This facial nerve goes along our whole face and if these nerve fibers become somehow irritated, then movements of the facial muscles appear as spasms or twitching, dryness of the eye or the mouth, or in disturbance of taste.
The reason of disorder could be bacterial infection or trauma. You should definitely contact your GP to get an appropriate treatment, antibiotics or steroid medications.
Wish you luck!

Hi Dinoto--

I have the same twitching on my left temple (though haven't had other symptoms, yet). It happens mostly at night when I'm sleeping on my left side--so badly it wakes me up. When I roll onto my back, it subsides within a minute or so. Does your twitching also happen at night--and do you clench your teeth? (I'm wondering if that's my cause--I have clenched for yrs (am now 24/f), but just began having this prob. last week.) I'm on no meds, am otherwise healthy, and don't even have caffeine.... Have you seen a Dr., yet?

Hi all,

I have had a twitching in the left temple since last week. It comes and goes and even now, as I type, I can feel it. It's, as you all described, like some bugs are crawling underneath or something. It's doesn't hurt but it sure is irritating. Has anyone seen the doctor for this and what did the doc say??

It's a trigger point, probably related to tightness in the trapezius. Try moist heat and massage in both locations.

i be feeling the same thing like a nerve jumping in my head

i have the same problem its driving me crazy i feel like im going to loose it can some one plz help

I have been having the same thing.  Twitching in the left temple.  It started when we came back from Cancun.  Feels so weird... twitching, skin crawling at times is the best i can describe as you all have.  I did get new glasses not long before this and they made them a little tighter for me as I am a runner and didnt want the glasses to slip when i run.  BUT, i do think they are too tight.  I had been putting the glassses on the outside of my left ear at times to relieve the pressure and that is the side the twitching, so i'm just wondering.  Still havent gone to doc yet, but really thinking about it as it is so ANNOYING!!!

wow this is so weird that Ive just found this post. Ive had the exact same problem now for a while and it was really worrying me, im a little more at ease now that people have the same problem and it dosent look so bad. It usually happens to me when I have a really bad hangover and scares the sh*t out of me but recently ive been getting sometimes with no hangover. All though I did just get a new job. I wonder if its connected to stress, I mean Im sure that I get stressed at times in this job and also having a hangover is stressful.

I am glad (well not glad at all but you know what I mean) to see I'm not the only one with this issue. I have noticed since yesterday that I have a spasm on my right temple, and it feels exactly as someone earlier described it, being a feeling that my temple is pregnant when you put your finger to it. There is no pain but I do agree it's very annoying and also disconcerting. I am certainly under an enormous amount of pressure with running a business as well as dealing with family issues so it EASILY could be stress related. I tend to have pretty severe anxiety so it could be a symptom from that but I'm wondering why its just now starting as I've been under stress for years now. I also wear a hat most days.. I wonder if that could have something to do with it? Again I'm very glad to read other people's thoughts and I normally wouldn't post like this but I figured if y'alls posts helped me somewhat then maybe mine will help someone else.

Hi everyone! I'm the one from 5 months ago that experienced this problem after coming back from Cancuun. I don't have it anymore. Actually not for quite some time. BUT I think I figured mine out! While on vacation, especially on the plane was playing a game on my iPod quite a bit. For long periods at times. It is called WORD SHAKE. Anyway, it is a timed word game that you search for as many words as you can very fast. I think this fast eye movement and staring at my small screen may have caused it as I'm noticed after a month I quit playing the Game and it went away. Just a thought I figured I would share and see if anyone else have a connection to this. Let me know and hope everyone is feeling better :)

omg i thought i was craxy but feel alot better knowing im not the only one with this crazy problem but i do notice that most of us have it on the left side more then right. could that meen something different???

Quote:

Quote:

heyy even I faced the same problem n i am goin nutss about it,,,,it started about 2 days again,,,,it happened earlier as well , few months ago but I ignored it but since 2 days its like not lettin me sleep and also now days i am under a lot of stress these days due to my mother but she has always been a headache to me ever since my birth,,,,but this time my left temporal region is like about to get burst and when i touch it I can feel the irritation so badly that I am very stressed out due to this thing as well,,,,,why isn't any Doctor or somebody telling here what to be done as my mother is never gonna take me to see a doctor caz she surely wants something bad could happen to me,,,,so people please help here,,,its twitching soo bad :'( :-|

Quote:

heyyYYY even I faced the same problem n i am goin nutss about it,,,,it started about 2 days again,,,,it happened earlier as well , few months ago but I ignored it but since 2 days its like not lettin me sleep and also now days i am under a lot of stress these days due to my mother but she has always been a headache to me ever since my birth,,,,but this time my left temporal region is like about to get burst and when i touch it I can feel the irritation so badly that I am very stressed out due to this thing as well,,,,,why isn't any Doctor or somebody telling here what to be done as my mother is never gonna take me to see a doctor caz she surely wants something bad could happen to me,,,,so people please help here,,,its twitching soo bad :'( :-|

I have this in both temples.Its so weird.I had my son feel it and it freaked him out.Mine had gotten so bad to the point I have had to stop whatever I was doing and lay down.I have told my Dr and she said for me to video it.That's something I can't do....duh so now I don't know.

I've read your situation & I am going threw the same thing aswell. I'm 39 years old & I've been having these annoying spasms in my scalp for months now, every day even. Its usually at my temple area & its not painful but its just too much. I havnt gone to the doctor because I have no insurance, but since your situation is a lot like mine maybe you can help me because I really need it.