I have been having tightness in my chest for the past couple weeks, also I find I am out of breath easy after walking up a flight of stairs, I had an EKG last week and that came back fine, doc said my heart wa sok just thinks I have a swelling of muscles behind my heart caused by a virus, I am going in for a stress test and a heart scan in 2 weeks, I am really worried, heart desease runs in my family and the fact that I am HIV positive is making me worry even more, doc thinks I am fine so trying not to let it get me down

Hello there bob,

Well, as I can see you are really taking care of yourself and I am sure that you are aware of all the facts when it comes to the HIV and conditions which are dangerous to you. Since you have been doing all the tests, which have shown you are healthy and just fine why are you worrying? Listen to your doctor, and give your best to avoid risky situations which could endanger your health. I hope that you will find solution for the tightness in your chest that you have been experiencing for the last couple of days. Keep us informed about your condition and good luck.  

I too have heaviness in my chest and shortness of breath after walking up a flight of stairs ,it bothers me for the doctor to give me no answers,I am also positive and I have have an echoe and X-ray scheduled for next week,I am HIV positve and I don't want to end up with a heart attack I also have kidney disease that is currently under control I don't need Any other issues. I truly can relate to your concern bob, maybe it's meds but I'm sure years down the road they will say its related to meds