I'm 21 years old and have been experiencing constant lightheadedness for about a month now (a few bad dizzy spells), but it comes and goes. For the past week I have had a little difficult breathing. I feel the need to take deep breaths in because I don't feel like I'm getting enough oxygen. It will happen randomly throughout the day, meaning sometimes my breathing returns to normal and I'm not conscious of it. Starting today I had some tightness in my upper chest, mostly near my throat, but it slowly has moved a little down to my breast area. It comes and goes as well and has recently picked up in the last couple hours. I have had blood tests done (including arterial tests to check the oxygen), along with an EKG and everything came back normal. Doctors told me to take more vitamins and eat healthier to control the lightheadedness, but my breathing has become the scary part for me. Any advice? Help would give me peace of mind.

i am 22 and i have been facing difficulties in breathing as well, it comes and goes .. sometimes normal, sometimes i worry so much bout the breathing i get light headed and panic! i went to the doctor, chkd my heart rate and did an x ray as well as my blood. everything was normal. told me it might be asthma , gave me inhaler to use for a month but i still dont feel better. im worried .

I am 23 years old and experiencing the same thing. Lightheaded, tightness in chest and throat, sometimes heart/chest pains. Really scares me. I am going to see a doctor tomorrow....please let me know if you find out anything.

All the best.

im a 21 male i have been getting tightness in my heart and light headed aswell and i have been getting cold and numb in my left pinkie and now its moving to my ring finger and sometimes my left big toe if any ideas would be great

Hi the same thing has been happening to me, after going to a few lets just say not so good doctors my new doctor is sending me to a cardioligist just as a precaution she just wants to rule out any potential problems, but she seems to think it may be either panic/anxiety attack or possibly a thyroid problem

OK so I had so many of the same symptoms (dizzy, lightheaded, trouble breathing), especially when in a hot shower! My doctor ran the same gamut of tests as the rest of you... ANYWAYS, the answer.

Vasovagal syncope (if you actually pass out).

What basically happens is that our vessels constrict and blood doesn't get to the rest of our body. For some of us, we just feel like we're going to pass out and some actually do. Either way it sucks and it's scary. What we can do is to drink lots and lots of water to keep our blood pressure up, recognize the signs, and then sitting down or laying down with your legs up. Things with more salt can increase your blood pressure (but of course, be careful with that).

Also, I am NOT a doctor. Just a person with similar symptoms and a diagnosis that may or may not be useful to you. I hope it helps.

Oh, also, eating small meals very often proves to be helpful. As well as not ingesting things that dehydrate you like soda and caffeine. And things with lots of sugar that will just make you crash and more likely to get dizzy all over again.

Be well!!

This response is for Ninah9. I am not trying to scare you but my cousin had the same problem when is was 28 and the doctor told him he probably had asthma and gave him an inhaler and it didn't work either. He had never gone back to the doctor and let a whole year go by. He finally went to a specialist and they told him that he had lymphoma. Please have yourself checked by a specialist. If my cousin's doctor would have sent him to a specialist right away he would have been fine but he passed away a 30. He waited too long to go back. Just get yourself checked.

hi all, 

i am not a doctor so i would start by saying that everyone who is concerned about this should seek out a doctor's advice.  i have been dealing with these symptoms on and off for a while, recently almost all of the time as opposed to every once in a while.  one thing that i have noticed is that i am naturally a shallow "chest breather", and that most of these symptoms go away when i focus on breathing deep and allowing my diaphram to expand rather than just with the chest.  information on how to breathe correcly can be found here 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

hopefully this works for you or you find a way to feel better soon. 

dave 

im  21 YEAR OLD MAIL and i h ave been getting this but it even when im doing nothing at all

i can just be sitting there doing nothing and it starts to happen been trying to hide it from my girl

my breathing to night is really bad im more worried and its not helping i cant even stand with out feeling like im going to pass out 

anyone got any pointers other then going to the hospital 

I'm 25 years old male, I've recently had the same symptons that others have described on here. For me it started out with palpatations while i was out walking. It initially scared me, but after that i calmed back down again. That was until the day after when i started having chest tightness which came on very gradually and became worse as the day went on. This warrented be to make an appointment the next day. I told the doctor about  my symptons, about the palpatations and tightness in the chest. The Doctor didn't seem too concerned even those i was pretty concerned at this point. Didn't even what to give me an EKG, but i insisted as i was panicing. Well the result was a normal EKG even though i was not feeling right. Then i doctor tried to reasure me that it was just anxiety and panic i was feeling and told me to practice relaxation...well i went home and the next day i developed different symptons. My chest became tighter and for the most part it came in waves and i begin to feel very uneasy at this point. Just like a sense of fear that you are aware of something is not at all right. At times my heart started to race. My most disstressing sympton started very recently, I have become acutely dizzy and i am aware of not being able to get enough oxygen into my body...I am going back to the doctor again and i'm going to ask for a more through exaimation and ask for a full cardio test. I know this is scary for all who feel this way. I just wish doctors would seem more concerned about the condition. I beileve really seriously health problems are being over looked and dismissed as anxiety and even mental disorders by main stream medicine...This worlds health care system is in a pitiful state atlest westen medicine is. I don't mean to scare anyone either, but i think mis-diagonsis are rampent. They just don't care about us and are more interested in their status and postion then the person they are supposed to be helping...by their so called "oath" I know many here may not be "reilgious" but it's about relationship that counts. I will pray for us all as we are all in bad need of some help. Hang on in their everyone!

have you or anyone found the answer to this? I'm 14 years old and am experiencing the same symptoms. Gone to doctor twice and everything is "normal". Blood pressure tests, everything is "fine"... but i don't feel fine...

Hi there!  I am a 25yo female and experiencing a combination of similar symptoms.  I am usually tachycardic and also have GERD so my PCP referred me to a critical care doctor.  A PFT showed Vocal Cord Dysfunction and I immediately began meds and speech therapy.  However, my pulmonoligst wants me to see a cardiologist.

im a 20 yr old male, live in minnesota.
just wanted to say i went to the doctors office and they treated me the exact same way.. they looked at me like i was crazy pretty much. but trust me i am NOT crazy. i feel the same way that you do,, they just gave me a couple low mg alprazolam or whatever it is and said it was anxiety related. just wanted to say that i feel the same way and have no choice but to just deal with it. but talking about it helps and just wanted to say that your post helped me out in the sense that im not the only person feeling like this. thanks..

I am experiencing it as well todays is my 24 weeks, what you explained is the same and EXACT thing I am experiencing. All the results are normal..

Yeah The same issue and everything is normal..