This post is an extension of the

CONSTIPATION,TODDLER,PAIN,HOLDING IT IN thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

Movicol really works, one sachet is all my 5yr old needs, her littler brother is starting the same horrible procedure as I speak, so ii'm going to give him some movicol. It's so stressful and upsetting but remember it's not forever and everything will be back to normal soon. Its another one of those things we go through that makes every good parent an amazing person. Stick with it and good luck all.

Hi there,
Constipation in toddlers can be very problematic because of the pain generated by the constipation. The fact that might ease your mind is that constipation in toddlers is not a sign of some serious condition and in most cases it is just temporarily thing that passes after several days. But if this condition continues for longer period of time it is advised to see your doctor. If I am not mistaking doctor will give you a prescription for laxatives in most cases. If you also notice bloating in your toddler you should visit your doctor because this can be dangerous thing to have. I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Danella