Hi... I recently went in for a medical physical for entry into the ARMY. I failed to hear the "mid-tones" on the hearing test...TWICE.

I never anticipated having bad hearing, I do not have ringing in my ears, though I do issues with my ears "popping" , like you are clearing the pressure in your ears on an airplane as it rises.

Can anyone advise what i can do in order to JUST PASS THIS DAMN TEST? Over the counter meds? Holistic? Anything?

Thanks

Sharon

the whole reason for the test is to screen out people who don't meet their criteria, so I doubt hostility would work. it might be that you're dealing with an inner ear problem, the conductivity of the bones in your inner ear might be off or something. on the flip side it would be something with your outer ear, a small hole in your eardrum seems very unlikely, but it's just a suggestion. could be a many number of things. it could be fixable, it could be something you have to live with. the only way to know for certain is to get a professional opinion. go get one.

good luck.

Hi, this can be related to the your environment where you live. If you have a job that there is a lot of noise or you like to listen to loud music, that this can be your problem. Noise-induced hearing loss is one of the most work related illnesses. Good thing for you would be to see a specialist about this. This can be manageable.
Do you have any problems with your ears while you are swimming or diving (if you dive in a pool or at see)?

I failed my test too. I took it for army and they said my hearing was worse then an old person. I hear perfectly and I have to go through the pain of going to a specialist. Hoping it can be fixed and trying to stay positive at least. Lets just say my opinion of this all is stupid. If I can hear them speaking to me. Clearly I and you are not deaf. Like wtf.