A few years ago, I was hit in my ear and my eardrum burst. Ever since then, I feel like I have cotton in my ear. I went to an ENT and he put a tube in. He said my hearing was normal. The tube did not help at all.

My ear will "open up" and feel normal for maybe 10 seconds at a time. Is there anyone who knows what this couyld be? It's making my life miserable.

If I put my finger in my ear and stretch the opening a bit, it opens up and feels fine...but it will close very soon afterwards.

PLEASE HELP!

This is something you have to get used to living with. Once you damage your ear, your hearing ability could be lost, more or less, and even completely. Hearing loss could be accompanied by other problems, such as ringing in the ear or tinnitus, have you ever felt some of these? What has your ENT said, can this condition be corrected or not? Conductive hearing loss could be restored up to a point, traumatically damaged ear drums can be repaired with a tiny skin graft. Conductive hearing loss can be treated with alternative therapies that are specific to the particular condition. Sensory hearing loss may be helped by homeopathic therapies. If you have a perforated eardrum, avoid getting water in your ear because it could be harmful. Bath with a shower cap over your ear and don't swim, especially underwater, until it's healed. I don’t exactly know what this “opening of your ear” could mean, but there is always someone specialized to talk to about this, but what I think is once you heart your ear you have to be careful with it all the time. You must protect your ear from getting infected, and also you should try to avoid the loud noise.

I too have the clogged feeling. My ear drum burst only a week ago, but I have seen no improvement. The ringing gets old quick! I find it dificult to identify where sound is originating. I was seen at Carenow and they offered me no info on time/symptoms during healing.

I've burst my ear drum as well, I have constant ringing in that ear, have lost 50% of my hearing in that ear and there is a huge scab on my ear drum, the doctor seemed worried sent me to do an MRI, which freaked me out and I did not do it, tomorrow I will do a Scan which is not in a confined cannelloni.

I think I will get some hearing back, doctor does not think so, but I'm optimistic ... it depends for everyone.

this explains me but i have never busted my ear drum and it happens to both ears and for a few days here and there it will stop but will always come back

I think personally you should clean your ear properly, and then consult a specialist ENT for your best advice.Because any experiments with your ears will cause you a very severe problem.

I don't know what I have done to my ear but it does keep hurting and at times it gets so annoying, I put myy finger in and give it a little shake. Previous to the ear ache, i used to put objects in my ear in order to get the ear wax out. What could be causing my ear ache??Is it damaging my hearing ability?

My ear is hurt from accident 1 wek ago same deal, hearing loss not soo bad, sucks same doc outlook. my ear will "open up" and i can hear normal for a few seconds, i leave it alone though she or he is right dont want to mess with it. Optomistic outlook, that hearing will be 100 in a month or less, no ringing just, sucks to say, I cant hear you!! my hearing and vision was 20/20 before the car accident. so good luck and good health too all. No fun nose n ear run? whats that? and it feels like my head is under water (swimmer) what is that? any ideas?

I got soap In my ear (I think ) it burns so bad I had an ear drum burst too and it done that for like 3-7 days for me ;)

What was your outcome of this?

u will definitely heal.I m also optimistic for you.

I also got hit in the ear and my eardrum has a big hole in it. This happened nearly 20 years ago and my ear still feels clogged. And it is clogged now and I can feel the edge of the scab with my finger. I'm sorry you have been afflicted with it also. I was told you can have surgery but it us very delicate and can rupture again easily so I never did. Might be a good idea to try it.
Can you hear really low frequency such as approaching cars etc? That was the most painful and weird part to me. Mind shaking ultra low frequency that I couldn't hear before it ruptured. God bless you

Hi, please reply if your ear is back to normal now as I now experiencing the same problem that you have mentioned.
Thank you.

i had that... been dealing with it for several years. been used to it but would love for it to be better again. no damage to balance and interactions with surroundings. there was a medical term for this but cant find it right now will reply the name once found. but yes it also stated a medical procedure may be performed, mainly to move away scar tissue build up.

I'm having the same muffled, under water feeling in my left ear due to an ear infection that perforated the eardrum. It's been a week. ENT says it will heal and be 100%, but I'm going absolutely CRAZY! I can't stand feeling like my ear needs to pop like I'm in an airplane. I can't get any relief. Any advice? Did yours heal???